This is a great fresh salsa recipe. I made a HUGE bowl and ate it all day long, with chips, on top of grilled chicken, in tacos. It is one of those recipes that you want to just spoon into your mouth, and even when you start to feel full, you keep eating because your taste buds won’t let you stop. (Please tell me I am not the ONLY person on the planet that does that) Anyway, this is the perfect fresh salsa recipe for using up all your fresh garden produce. My neighbor gave me a bunch of cucumbers and tomatoes, and I figured what better way to use them than a fresh cucumber salsa? Mmmmm!
3 Tomato, 3 Cucumber Fresh Salsa
- 1 lemon cucumber
- 1 Armenian cucumber
- 1 english cucumber
- 1 cup grape tomatoes halved
- 1 cup diced roma tomatoes
- 1 cup diced beefsteak tomatoes
- 2 Tbs minced garlic
- 1 cup chopped cilantro
- 1/2 red onion
- 1 jalapeno diced (seeds removed for less heat)
- juice of 1 large lime
- salt and pepper to taste
- Cut your cucumbers and tomatoes into like sized pieces.
- Chop your cilantro, jalapeno, and onion (wear gloves when handling hot peppers)
- Juice your lime.
- Mix all ingredients together.
- Salt and pepper according to your liking.
- Refrigerate 1 hour
- Serve with corn chips
Our recipe card software calculates these nutrition facts based on averages for the above ingredients, different brands, and quality of produce/meats may have different nutritional information, always calculate your own based on the specific products you use in order to achieve accurate macros for this recipe.
And because it is such a pretty appetizer/salsa/dip, it is great for game day, or to bring to a party, or whatever, and I had to take a million pictures of it. Doesn’t it just make your mouth water?