My kids just raved over these. They could not stop eating them. Of course we are big seafood people, particularly shrimp, but this is a new go-to meal at our house! I hope you enjoy it as much as we do.
Apricot Shrimp Kabobs
- 1/2 c apricot jam
- 3 T white wine vinegar
- 1 T Dijon mustard
- 1 tsp salt
- 1/2 tsp pepper
- 1 tsp honey
- 1 lb shelled uncooked shrimp
- Mix together apricot jam, vinegar, mustard, salt, pepper, and honey in a small bowl
- Shell, clean, and devein shrimp
- Skewer shrimp onto kabobs
- Slather both sides with 3/4 of the apricot mixture
- Preheat the grill to a medium heat.
- Oil grill grate to prevent sticking.
- Place shrimp on grill and cook for 1 to 2 minutes.
- Turn and continue grilling for 30-45 seconds. May take longer if shrimp are large
- Test for doneness. Cut a shrimp in half, shrimp should be pink and opaque.
- Brush on a little more apricot mixture
Mix apricot mixture and put in pint size freezer bag.
Freeze together with preparation instruction on bag label.
Or skewer shrimp, cover in mixture, and freeze precovered with secondary bag containing additional sauce.
Our recipe card software calculates these nutrition facts based on averages for the above ingredients, different brands, and quality of produce/meats may have different nutritional information, always calculate your own based on the specific products you use in order to achieve accurate macros for this recipe.
Gather all of your ingredients.
Skewer your shrimp:
Mix your apricot sauce in a bowl. And either top the kabobs, or freeze separately.