Succulent shrimp, fresh peas and zesty lemon with creamy rice – this Baked Shrimp Pea and Lemon Risotto is the perfect weeknight family meal which also happens to be super easy to prepare!
Baked Shrimp Pea and Lemon Risotto
©Eazy Peazy Mealz by EazyPeazyMealz.com
Pin it to your Seafood board to SAVE it for later!
Follow Eazy Peazy Mealz on Pinterest for more great tips, ideas and recipes!
Hello! it is Jayne here from The Purple Ladle and this is my first guest post for for Eazy Peazy Mealz. Creating recipes has been a passion of mine for years and last year I turned that passion into a blog. I create (mostly) healthy and simple recipes to fit with your fast and fabulous life. My “day job” is as an occupational therapist working with adults who have had catastrophic injuries. My husband and my gorgeous 18-month-old little girl also keep me very busy and very happy.
I am thrilled to be able to share some of my recipes with Eazy Peazy Mealz readers.
For my first Eazy Peazy post I have an easy baked shrimp risotto I am sure you will love. If you haven’t tried making a baked risotto before you won’t believe how easy it is – no constant stirring at the stove top – once the onions and leek are browned you just pop it in the oven and it takes care of itself!
Peas and Shrimp are the main heroes of this dish with onions, leek and lemon zest providing a great flavour base. This baked shrimp risotto dish is finished with sour cream and parsley. It is up to you whether you would like to serve some freshly grated parmesan cheese with your baked shrimp risotto – traditionally the Italians say you don’t serve seafood and parmesan cheese together but hey, you don’t usually bake risotto either, so add it if you like!
Baked shrimp risotto makes a great weeknight family meal but I think it is also special enough to serve for guests too. It is fabulous as leftovers the next day for lunch either hot or cold. If you don’t have quite enough risotto left over why not add some cherry tomatoes and spinach leaves?
Are there any other ingredients you would like to see in a baked risotto?
I love to create easy weeknight recipes like this one over at my blog “The Purple Ladle” so why not check out a few of my healthiest ones: Weeknight Wonders – 5 Days of Quick and Healthy Dinners.
If you like the idea of a baked risotto you may like to try my Baked Salmon Risotto recipe.
Why not follow The Purple Ladle on Pinterest?
Baked Shrimp Pea and Lemon Risotto
- 2 Tbsps olive oil
- 1 onion finely diced
- 1 leek white part only, finely chopped
- 1 Tbsp grated lemon zest
- 1 ½ cups Arborio short grain rice
- 4 ½ cups hot vegetable stock
- 1 cup frozen peas
- 8 ounces peeled and deveined raw prawns
- 2 Tbsps lemon juice
- ½ cup sour cream
- 2 Tbsps fresh parsley chopped plus extra to garnish
- Salt and pepper
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees Fahrenheit/ 180 degrees celsius.
- Heat 2 tablespoons of oil in a frying pan (or a dish that can go from stove top to oven) and cook onion and leek for 3 minutes or until soft and lightly browned. Add lemon zest and cook for an additional minute.
- Place onion mixture in an oven proof dish. Add rice and hot stock.
- Place a lid or alfoil on top of the dish and bake in the oven for 30 minutes.
- Remove risotto from oven and gently stir through peas and place prawns on top of risotto making sure they are slightly submerged.
- Return risotto to oven, covered, for a further 10 minutes or until prawns are cooked.
- Remove from oven and allow risotto to sit for a couple of minutes. There should still be some liquid in the risotto when cooking is complete - add extra hot water if it looks dry.
- Stir through lemon juice, sour cream and parsley.
- Season with salt and pepper and garnish with extra parsley
Our recipe card software calculates these nutrition facts based on averages for the above ingredients, different brands, and quality of produce/meats may have different nutritional information, always calculate your own based on the specific products you use in order to achieve accurate macros for this recipe.
Free Weekly Meal Plan
Get a FREE weekly meal plan sent to your inbox, with shopping list! And the occasional update!