I participated in an Influencer Activation on behalf of Influence Central for the SPLENDA® Brand. I received product samples to facilitate my review as well as a promotional item to thank me for my participation. All opinions and reviews are my own. #SweetSwaps #IC
Creamy banana pudding with a sweet swap of SPLENDA® in place of sugar.
Guys, it is summer here! And I know that I for one try to make smarter choices in the summer, I mean…wearing that bathing suit usually motivates me to at least TRY to take the stairs now and then, park a little further away from the store, and be mindful of what ingredients I use when I am cooking.
I was recently at a blog conference and ran into someone I knew in college. She looked amazing. So fit and trim. It was so fun to talk to her, and follow her on social media. She is a yogi, and is regularly posting her gorgeous yoga photos, and tons of great stuff. You can find her over at CarrotBowl.com. Anyway, she was so inspiring, so I thought it would be fun to have some friends over to do yoga, and enjoy a little snack after.
For our after yoga “treat” I made this amazing banana pudding. It is creamy, smooth, flavorful, and a great snack. Plus it was super easy to make.
You guys, we had so much fun doing our yoga, even my kids got into it, and wanted to participate. My 2 year old is pretty good at downward dog, and my oldest 2 kids are way better at yoga than I am! Cute huh? I think this is going to be a perfect addition to our summer routine. Daily yoga outside with the kids!
And I bet you can guess just how easy it is for my friend to do her Tree Pose with a little one hanging on her legs? Haha
We realized we better get the kids in on it too or we wouldn’t ever be able to finish.
Then once we were nice and stretched out and in namaste, we enjoyed our pudding!
I found this recipe for banana pudding on the SWEET SWAPS™ website, where the SPLENDA® Brand is dishing out ways to reduce added sugar by swapping out full sugar for SPLENDA® Sweetener Products. The site has tons of tips and trips, and simple recipes for a balanced lifestyle. And I know I need more of those kinds of recipes, how about you guys?
I made a few slight adjustments (like a real egg instead of egg substitute, and pureed banana instead of banana extract, since I did not have either), and it came together amazingly! It was so good. My friends loved it too. And my kids, well…anything that tastes sweet is a win for them.
- 1/3 cup SPLENDA® No Calorie Sweetener Granulated
- 3 tablespoons cornstarch
- 2 cups reduced fat milk
- 2 tablespoons egg substitute or 1 whole egg
- 2 teaspoons vanilla extract
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- 1 tablespoon light butter
- 1 teaspoon banana extract
- 1 1/2 cups sliced bananas
- Mix SPLENDA® No Calorie Sweetener, Granulated, and cornstarch together in a small mixing bowl.
- Set aside for now.
- Pour milk, egg substitute (or egg), vanilla, and salt in a medium saucepan. Stir well.
- Turn on heat to medium-low, and add SPLENDA® No Calorie Sweetener, Granulated, mixture and stir well.
- Add butter.
- Cook for 4-5 minutes stirring constantly.
- When mixture begins to thicken and bubble remove from heat.
- Add banana extract and stir well.
- Pour pudding into a small bowl. Spray surface lightly with cooking spray. Cover with plastic wrap by laying plastic wrap directly on top of the pudding surface. This will prevent any ’skin’ from forming on the surface. Refrigerate 2 hours before serving.
- To serve, divide pudding equally into 6 individual serving bowls and top with sliced bananas.
Our recipe card software calculates these nutrition facts based on averages for the above ingredients, different brands, and quality of produce/meats may have different nutritional information, always calculate your own based on the specific products you use in order to achieve accurate macros for this recipe.