This post is sponsored by HelloFresh, all opinions are my own.
HelloFresh Bruschetta Chicken
Today’s recipe is actually a HelloFresh delivery recipe that is so yummy I absolutely have to share it with you! Tender chicken cutlets, topped with a cheesy crumb coating, and baked with asparagus. Served topped with a fresh bruschetta, and bacon laden yukon gold mashed potatoes.
Meal delivery kits from HelloFresh are basically a God send for busy moms. Even someone like me who loves to cook, can benefit from a delivered meal kit.
It takes so much of the work out of making dinner, while still allowing you to serve your family a home cooked, wholesome meal.
What’s to Love about HelloFresh
Today I am sharing a recipe for HelloFresh Bruschetta chicken.
This recipe is one I am really excited to share with you all because while there are a number of steps, the finished result is so dreamy. Absolutely delicious. And I love that it is a complete meal. But first I want to encourage anyone who is looking for seasonal, fresh, affordable, and tasty meal kits to consider HelloFresh.
- Taste: HelloFresh recipes are so delicious. Like seriously, I am so excited to be able to share this Bruschetta Chicken with you, because it is so tasty. But their whole collection of seasonal recipes are fresh and fantastic. They have more five-star recipes than any other meal kit!
- Variety: A huge perk for me, is they have a variety of meal options to choose from, including great vegetarian options! This makes it easy to feed my whole family, even my vegetarian daughter! For example, I was able to order Vegetarian meals for my daughter, quick prep options (20 mins) for our busy nights, and a more gourmet recipe, like this Bruschetta Chicken, that still only takes 35 minutes, for a night when I want to indulge and enjoy cooking.
- Time Savings: I love that I can skip the grocery store, as well as reduce the amount of wasted food. I still get to enjoy cooking and making a wholesome cooked at home meal, without the hassle of coming up with it, shopping, etc. Most of the meals can be prepped in about 30 minutes or less!
- Sustainability: While getting the convenience I need, I am also able to do my part for sustainability. Having spent a great deal of time learning about farming practices, food insecurity, food waste, and sustainability practices, this is a huge motivator for me. By purchasing HelloFresh, I have reduced waste, the packaging used to ship the food is almost entirely made from recyclable and/or already recycled content, and they have a much smaller carbon footprint than meals made from store-bought groceries.
- Flexible: Having recently gone through a divorce, my meal planning is looking a little different these days, with some weeks I am planning for a family of 5 and others just me! I love that the orders can be flexible, with not just vegetarian options, but the ability to add extra sides, proteins, etc. as well as skip deliveries, change portion sizes etc. I need that flexibility and HelloFresh delivers.
- Support: Lastly, I am loving HelloFresh because I truly love supporting companies that do their part to give back. HelloFresh donated over 2.5 million meals to charity in 2019, and is stepping up its food donations amid the coronavirus crisis. How great is that?
What You Need to Make Bruschetta Chicken
Everything you need will come together in the HelloFresh bag, packaged and boxed, and shipped to your door, saving you time, and money. Except a few kitchen basics like salt and pepper, oil, and butter.
My experience has been awesome, all of the produce is fresh and flavorful, and the ingredients are high quality.
- Yukon Gold Potatoes
- Mozzarella Cheese
- Panko Breadcrumbs
- Italian Seasoning
- Chicken Cutlets
- Roma Tomatoes
- Basil, fresh
- Salt and Pepper
- Olive Oil
- Small and medium bowls.
- Baking Sheet and cooking spray or vegetable oil
- Large pot for mashed potatoes and a strainer.
- Large skillet for crisping the bacon.
- Zester and potato masher!
How to Make Bruschetta Chicken
Time needed: 35 minutes
Cheesy breaded chicken topped with bruschetta and served with a side of creamy bacon mashed potatoes, and asparagus.
- Prep Ingredients & Make Crust
During this step you are going to wash and prep the vegetables, and mix up the breadcrumb and cheese crust that goes on your chicken cutlets.
- Start the Chicken Cooking
Using a roasting pan or a baking sheet, you are going to assemble the chicken, and start cooking it in the oven, before adding the asparagus to the same pan. Yay! Less dishes.
- Cook Potatoes and Bacon
While the chicken is cooking, you work on the other parts of the recipe, namely making the mashed potatoes.
- Add Asparagus and Finish Cooking Chicken
At this point the chicken should be a nice golden brown on top, and you are going to finish cooking it along with the asparagus on the same tray.
- Make Bruschetta
This is a simple, fresh bruschetta made from tomatoes, basil, lemon juice, and olive oil. And it is sooo good, and the perfect compliment to the chicken.
- Finish and Serve
This is where you mash your potatoes, add bacon, season everything and serve it up! Yum.
Tips and Tricks
Making this recipe is Eazy Peazy especially since HelloFresh includes everything you need to have and easily broken down steps for preparation right on the card. But here are some tips:
- Tip One: Don’t skip the lemon zest. A nice sprinkle of fresh lemon zest on top of the asparagus take it from good to great!
- Tip Two: Trim the woody, not so tasty parts of the asparagus off easily by simply snapping each piece. Hold it by the ends, and bend. Wherever it naturally breaks is where it was supposed to. Discard the woody ends.
- Tip Three: Use a meat thermometer to get the chicken just right. It should read 165 degrees F internal temperature.
- Tip Four: Broil the chicken for 2-3 minutes at the end to get a deep golden crust if you don’t get it during the cooking time.
- Tip Five: Serve with lemon wedges to squeeze over the top of everything. Yum!
Cooking with Kids
One thing I have been enjoying a lot lately is spending time in the kitchen with my children, and helping them to hone their kitchen skills. This is a great recipe to let kids help with.
Here is how they can help:
- Washing produce and snapping the asparagus.
- Mixing together the cheesy mozzarella crust.
- Stirring the bruschetta ingredients together, taste testing, and seasoning it.
- Mashing the potatoes with a potato masher.
- 24 ounces Yukon Gold Potatoes
- 12 ounces Asparagus
- 1 cup Mozzarella Cheese
- 1/2 cup Panko Breadcrumbs
- 2 teaspoons Italian Seasoning
- 20 ounces chicken cutlets 4 pieces
- 8 ounces Bacon
- 2 Lemons
- 2 Roma Tomatoes
- 1 ounce Basil
- 1 Tablespoon Olive Oil divided
- 5 Tablespoons Butter
- Salt and Pepper to taste
- Set oven rack to upper middle position, and preheat oven to 425 degrees F.
- Wash and dry the potatoes, asparagus, and basil.
- Trim and discard the woody ends of the asparagus, and dice the potatoes.
- Slice one lemon in half, reserving one half, and slicing the other half into 4 wedges. Leave other lemon whole to be zested.
Chicken and Asparagus
- In a medium sized, microwave safe bowl, melt 2 tablespoons of butter (30 seconds).
- Once melted, remove from microwave and stir in mozzarella, Panko, Italian Seasoning, salt, and pepper. Set aside.
- Grab a baking sheet, and spray with cooking spray.
- Place chicken cutlets on one end of the baking sheet, and use a paper towel to pat them dry. Season liberally with salt and pepper.
- Spread the mozzarella and breadcrumb mix evenly over the top of the chicken cutlets, and press firmly to help the crust adhere to the chicken.
- Roast in the preheated oven for 5-7 minutes until it is lightly browned.
- Once browned, remove pan from oven and add asparagus spears to the other side of the tray. Drizzle with olive oil and season with salt and pepper.
- Return to oven and cook for 10-12 minutes until chicken is cooked through and asparagus is tender.
- When finished, top asparagus with the zest of one lemon.
- Meanwhile, place potatoes in a large pot and cover with water. Salt water, and bring to a boil, cook until tender 15-20 minutes.
- Reserve 1/2 cup of cooking liquid.
- Drain potatoes, and return to pot. Cover to keep warm.
- When ready to serve, finish by adding 3 tablespoons of butter, and the 1/2 cup of reserve liquid, salt and pepper. Use a potato masher to mash.
- Add half the roughly chopped bacon (see below)
- And stir it all together.
- Meanwhile, cook bacon in a large dry pan over medium high heat. You want to cook until crispy, 6-10 minutes, flipping half way. When done, transfer to a paper-towel lined plate and turn off pan.
- Once cooled enough to work with, rough chop bacon and set aside.
- While chicken and potatoes cook, prepare bruschetta by finely dicing the tomatoes, and picking the basil leaves from the stems, then thinly slicing them.
- Add to a small bowl, juice half a lemon over top, and drizzle 1/2 tablespoon of olive oil. Season with salt and pepper to taste. Stir to combine.
- Divide potatoes and asparagus between 4 plates, and add chicken cutlets. Top chicken with bruschetta, and top the potatoes with the remaining half of the bacon. Serve with the lemon wedges and enjoy.
Our recipe card software calculates these nutrition facts based on averages for the above ingredients, different brands, and quality of produce/meats may have different nutritional information, always calculate your own based on the specific products you use in order to achieve accurate macros for this recipe.
Pin to your Chicken or Meal Kit board on Pinterest: