Rich, buttery, soft cookies, filled with delicious jams, and sprinkled with confectioner’s sugar. These thumbprint cookies are the best I have ever had. Oh yeah, and some $$$ to giveaway
I made them with my kids, and my daughter took some to school. Her teacher asked her for the recipe. So you are not just taking my word for it. They really are so yummy.
Cookie making is a huge part of the holiday season, and these particular cookies are my new favorites. They are soft, buttery, and oh so delicious.
Another part of the holidays is gift giving, so I thought it would be fun to give you guys some money to do your shopping with. What do you think?
Who wants to win some Amazon CASH for the holidays? I teamed up with the Real Housemoms creative team to bring you guys a fun giveaway for an Amazon gift card. But before we get to that, let’s talk about food!
Isn’t holiday food just the best? Well I wanted you guys to have tons of fun options in addition to those delicious cookies, so I am sharing a huge collection of holiday inspired recipes. You’ll find the links to these 35 recipes below.
Be sure to check them out, as these are some really amazing recipes in this collection. I know I can’t wait to make some of them.
But now, let’s get back to these cookies. These soft, tasty, buttery cookies. You guys, I can’t say it enough, they are so awesome, and such a fun one to make with kids. You can fill them with your favorite jam, and let the kids depress the centers. It is fun for the whole family.
Are you ready for this recipe?
Butter Thumbprint Cookies
- 1 cup salted butter softened
- 3/4 cup confectioner's sugar 1/2 cup for in the recipe and 1/4 cup for dusting
- 1 1/2 tsp vanilla extract
- 1/2 tsp butter flavoring optional
- 1/4 tsp kosher salt
- 2 cups all purpose flour
- 1/2 cup fruit jam We used raspberry and quince
- Preheat oven to 325 degrees F.
- Cover a cookie sheet with parchment paper
- Using a stand mixer with a paddle attachment, cream butter and sugar together. Mix for 2 minutes.
- Add in vanilla and salt, and butter flavoring (if using) scrape down sides of bowl.
- Add in flour, mix until just combined.
- Use a tablespoon measurer to scoop out a heaping TBS ball of dough, and place it on the parchment sheet. Then depress the center either with a smaller measuring spoon or your thumb.
- Fill the center with jam of choice
- Bake 12-15 minutes until golden brown and puffy.
- Remove from pan and let cool on wire rack.
- Dust with confectioner's sugar once cooled.
- Keep in airtight container until ready to eat. Good for 3 days.
Our recipe card software calculates these nutrition facts based on averages for the above ingredients, different brands, and quality of produce/meats may have different nutritional information, always calculate your own based on the specific products you use in order to achieve accurate macros for this recipe.
Now let’s get to that MONEY!!!
The giveaway runs from Nov 13 at 12am to Nov 23 at 12am. The giveaway is open to US + Canada. Must be 18 years or older to enter. Winner must confirm prize receipt via response to the prize notification email within 48 hours or a new winner will be chosen. Any entries deemed to be from a “giveaway account” or a “fake profile” will be disqualified. Amazon is in no way affiliated with this giveaway.