This shop has been compensated by Collective Bias, Inc. and its advertiser. All opinions are mine alone. #KidsChoiceDrink #CollectiveBias
Did you guys watch the Kids’ Choice Awards? My kids were so excited to watch. In fact, we planned an entire viewing party around Capri Sun Roarin’ Waters and the Kid’s Choice Awards. And it was so fun!
My daughter helped me plan the whole thing (read about that here), and then we threw a party. My favorite part of the party was the menu. We made it very interactive. In fact, we even made our very own salt water taffy, which we flavored with Capri Sun Roarin’ Waters and essential oils. My arms were dead tired at the end of making it, but that is more of a reflection of me being out of shape than the difficulty of the recipe.
In addition to our Capri Sun Roarin’ Waters taffy, we served orange and green foods, a fun yogurt parfait bar, and a Pop Star Bar where each guest got a bucket of popcorn and got to mix in their favorite rock star toppings!
My daughter’s all-time-favorite thing to eat is parfaits. We bought berries, and kiwis to layer with our granola and make them. Because it is the Kid’s Choice Awards I thought it would be fun to make everything a “Kid’s Choice”! The kids got to choose what flavor of yogurt to use, what types of fruits to add in, etc. They got to choose their popcorn mix-ins too.
We found some fun colorful decorations, and stars to stick with our party theme, and had fun decorating for our party as well as watching the awards.
After the kids chose their food, we turned on the Awards and chowed down while we watched. During commercials we talked about our favorite shows and actors. We did nails (well the girls did), put on face masks, and wore sun glasses like all the famous people do. We gave ourselves the rock star treatment. And we rocked out with the Nickelodeon Kid’s Choice Awards hosts! (My kids have been singing the little jingle since, and I think it may be permanently stuck in my head.) Basically we had a blast. Our agenda was relaxed, our food was good, and my kids were super happy!
Did you guys see the Kids’ Choice Awards in-store display at Walmart? While at Walmart I picked up decoration and supplies for the party. I also got our Capri Sun Roarin’ Waters there, and they really helped to make our party a success. Not only are they lightly flavored and low calorie, but have no artificial colors or flavors. My 2 year old can even put the straws in herself. After drinking like 10 of them, she got pretty good at it!
Whether you are hosting a watch party for an awards show like we did, or planning some other party Capri Sun Roarin’ Waters can help. It is conveniently packaged and fun. And you can use it for more than a drink, like I did with the taffy, to flavor food and treats!
I’ve shared our excitement about Capri Sun Roarin’ Waters and the Kids’ Choice Awards. I’d love to hear thoughts about hosting the perfect watch party! Leave a comment letting me know what you enjoyed about this year’s Kids’ Choice Awards.
Orange Salt Water Taffy
- 2 cups sugar
- 2 T. Cornstarch
- 1 cup light corn syrup
- 3/4 cup Capri Sun Roarin' Waters any flavor
- 2 T margarine
- 1/2 tsp. salt
- 1/4 tsp. Wild Orange essential oil or food grade oil flavoring of choice
- Food coloring optional
- Get a baking pan or cookie sheet and spray it with cooking spray or wipe with butter
- Mix sugar and corn starch together and put into a heavy bottom sauce pan
- Pour in Capri Sun Roarin' Waters and light corn syrup
- Add in salt and margarine and food coloring if using a food dye
- Stir together and bring to a boil on medium-high heat.
- Turn temperature down to medium heat, and put a candy thermometer into your pot, stir until temperature reaches soft ball stage 250 degrees.
- Remove from heat, stir in essential oil or cooking oil flavoring
- Pour into prepared pan or cookie sheet, and let cool until you can comfortably touch it
- Once cool enough to touch, spray hands with cooking spray, and pull taffy, folding it over itself, and continue to do this for about 20 minutes, until it turns milky in color.
- Pull into a long rope, and cut into one inch pieces, and wrap in wax paper.
Our recipe card software calculates these nutrition facts based on averages for the above ingredients, different brands, and quality of produce/meats may have different nutritional information, always calculate your own based on the specific products you use in order to achieve accurate macros for this recipe.
Mark S says