Easy and cheesy! Just the way I like it. Well Eazy Peazy is more like it, but these fit the bill for both, and are sure to please whomever you have at your table.
My kids always want to help with dinner, and frankly, while I want to teach them culinary skills, having them jump in while I am frying something, or baking something, or chopping something can make me nervous. So I keep looking for things they can “help” with. These rolls are Rhodes dinner rolls, stuffed with a mozzarella cheese stick piece, and topped with a garlic, butter, and basil spread, then baked to perfection. These rolls are perfect for little helpers to participate in.
I let the rolls defrost and rise, then put the kids to work to stuff them and top them. Then I get them in the oven to bake. When they are done, everyone is so proud, and no one wants to wait for them to cool before digging in!
I can’t blame them! They taste amazing, and are so simple. I absolutely love being able to just pull some rolls out of the freezer and have something amazing in our dinner.
Cheese Stuffed Garlic Rolls
- 12 Rhodes frozen white dinner rolls
- 4 mozzarella cheese sticks cut into thirds
- 1/4 cup salted butter half a cube
- 1 Tbs minced garlic
- 1/2 tsp dried basil
- Set Rhodes rolls on a parchment lined baking sheet
- Let rise for 1 to 1 1/2 hours, until cold to the touch still, but bigger and are defrosted.
- Cut cheese sticks into thirds, and add one piece to each roll by folding the dough around it and rolling it back into a ball.
- Spray a 12 slot muffin tin with non-stick cooking spray.
- Place the rolls into the muffin tins.
- Cover and let rise for an hour.
- Melt butter and mix in minced garlic and basil.
- Brush butter over the top of the rolls.
- Bake at 350 degrees for 20 minutes, or until golden brown on top.
- Let cool 5 minutes and enjoy.
Our recipe card software calculates these nutrition facts based on averages for the above ingredients, different brands, and quality of produce/meats may have different nutritional information, always calculate your own based on the specific products you use in order to achieve accurate macros for this recipe.