This post is sponsored by Green Chef, all opinions are my own.
Green Chef Chicken with Lemon Crema
Tender chicken breasts, seasoned with herbs, and seared then baked, and topped with a lemon crema sauce. Then served alongside rice pilaf with raisins and almonds, and sautéed seasoned broccoli. Hearty, delicious, and comes together in just 30 minutes for the perfect weeknight win.
The recipe comes from a meal kit I ordered through Green Chef. I am so excited to share it with you, as well as some info on how Green Chef works, and why it is a great option for busy families.
This chicken with lemon crema is so fantastic because it takes everyday ingredients like rice and chicken, and you get a flavorful, delicious meal, all in just 30 minutes.
But before we get into the recipe, what you need, and how to make it let’s talk about Green Chef.
Why Green Chef
There are a lot of meal delivery, meal kit, and meal services out there, and it can be hard to figure out which ones to choose. No one wants to waste time or money.
Meal kits are awesome because they take the mental load out of cooking. You don’t have to think about it or shop for it. You get everything you need delivered to your door. But here is why I like Green Chef specifically:
Quick and Easy Recipes → Green Chef recipes come with flavorful recipes that are actually easy to make. They have step-by-step instructions, chef tips, and photos, and pre-measured ingredients. Recipes include pre-made measured sauces, dressings, and spices, so you can get more flavor in less time. They are quick and easy to assemble. And taste awesome.
Options → We all get sick of eating the same things over and over, and Green Chef offers a diverse array of dishes with plenty of options to choose from each week.
Eco-friendly → Green Chef is the most sustainable meal kit, offsetting 100% of its direct carbon emissions and plastic packaging in every box. You can’t beat that!
How Green Chef Works
I love that it is easy, there is a variety, and I am not hurting the planet, but how does it actually work? It is so simple:
How Green Chef Works
- Go to Green Chef and select your preferred dietary lifestyle. They accommodate plant based, keto + paleo, and balanced living. You can switch this each week, so don’t worry you aren’t locked in.
- Select the number of recipes you want each week, and the number of servings per recipe.
- Choose which of the quick and easy recipes you want.
- Everything is hand-picked, seasonally-sourced for peak freshness, and delivered right to your door with contactless delivery.
- Ingredients come pre-measured, perfectly portioned, and mostly prepped
- Follow the instruction cards to make and enjoy!
Good To Know
- Green Chef only uses high quality, clean ingredients so you can feel great about what you are eating.
- It is the most sustainable meal kit, offsetting 100% of its direct carbon emissions and plastic packaging in every box. So you can feel great about how your food got to your table.
- The recipes actually taste good. No matter how eco-friendly something is, if the food isn’t good, I don’t care. But Green Chef’s expert chefs design flavorful recipes that fit different dietary lifestyles, and they are well worth the effort.
So let’s get to this recipe for Chicken with Lemon Crema:
What You Need to Make Chicken with Lemon Crema
Here is what you need to make this delicious meal:
- Chicken Breasts
- Lemon Crema
- Jasmine Rice
- Dry-Roasted Almonds
- Herb, Garlic & Red Pepper Blend
How to Make Chicken With Lemon Crema
Time needed: 30 minutes.
Flavorful herb seasoned chicken, baked, and served with broccoli and rice pilaf.
- Prep Ingredients and Preheat Oven
Slice scallions and cut broccoli.
Rough chop almonds.
- Cook Rice
Heat oil and the scallions in a pot, add rice, and toast. Add water, and bring to a boil. Then turn heat down and let simmer until rice is cooked. Remove from heat. Rest. Then fluff!
- Season and Cook Chicken
Pat chicken dry, season. Heat oil in a skillet, and add chicken to hot pan. Sear chicken for 3 minutes per side, then transfer skillet to oven, and bake to finish cooking the chicken.
- Sautè Broccoli
- Make Rice Pilaf
Fluff rice, add in the raisins, almonds, scallions, and butter!
- Plate your dish
Add chicken, rice pilaf and broccoli to a plate and top with lemon crema.
Make Ahead And Storage
This recipe is best fresh. However, it can be made ahead, just do not top the chicken with the lemon crema until ready to serve. Simply make, and store in an airtight container in the refrigerator for 3-5 days.
Convenience: Do yourself a favor, and make the holidays easier, and healthier with Green Chef. And score limited-time savings on delicious, chef-curated recipes featuring organic veggies and high-quality proteins delivered to your door contact-free.
Green Chef is extending a special offer to my readers: click here to get $90 Off across 4 boxes, including free shipping on the first box! Additional restrictions apply.
WANT MORE EZPZ? Subscribe to my newsletter and follow along on Facebook, Pinterest and Instagram for all of the latest updates.
Chicken with Lemon Crema
- 2 6 ounce Chicken Breasts
- 3 Tablespoons Lemon Crema
- 6 Ounces Broccoli
- 1/2 Cup Jasmine Rice
- 1 Cup Water
- 1 1/4 Ounces Raisins
- 1/2 Ounce Dry-roasted almonds
- 1 Whole Scallion
- 2 teaspoons herb garlic, and red pepper blend
- 2 Tablespoons Butter
- Salt and Pepper to taste
- Cooking Oil
- Preheat oven to 400 degrees F.
- Thinly slice scallion, discarding the root end, and separating the white ends from the green tops, but slicing all of it. Cut broccoli into bite-sized pieces and rough chop almonds. Set aside.
- In a small pot over medium-high heat, warm 1 1/2 Tablespoons of cooking oil, and add the white scallion ends once hot. Season with salt and cook 1-2 minutes, or until the scallions start to get softer.
- Add rice, and cook 1 minute until slightly toasted, stir frequently.
- Add 1 cup of water. Stir and bring to a boil, then reduce heat to medium-low. Cover pot with lid, and simmer 16-18 minutes until rice is tender and water is absorbed. Remove from heat, let sit covered for 3 minutes.
- Meanwhile, pat chicken breasts dry with paper towels, season with salt and pepper, and half the herb blend.
- Heat 1 1/2 Tablespoons cooking oil in a medium oven-safe saute pan over medium-high heat. Add chicken to the hot pan, and sear about 3 minutes per side.
- Transfer pan to preheated oven, and roast 10-12 minutes, until chicken is cooked through (internal temp 165 degrees F)
- While chicken cooks, heat about 2 tablespoons of oil in a large saute pan, over medium heat. Add broccoli to the hot pan. Season with remaining spices, and cook 6-8 minutes, or until broccoli is tender.
- Fluff rice with a fork, add raisins, almonds, and green scallion tops to the pot, stir to combine, and add 1 Tablespoon of butter. Salt and pepper to taste.
- Serve by cutting chicken into 6-8 slices, divide rice pilaf and broccoli between the plates. Add chicken, and drizzle with lemon crema.
Our recipe card software calculates these nutrition facts based on averages for the above ingredients, different brands, and quality of produce/meats may have different nutritional information, always calculate your own based on the specific products you use in order to achieve accurate macros for this recipe.
Leave a Reply