This shop has been compensated by Collective Bias, Inc. and its advertiser. All opinions are mine alone. #Salsafy #CollectiveBias #HuntsFreshTwists
Chili Lime Salsa acts as a nice dressing for this Burrito Bowl packed with flavorful chicken, sweet corn, hearty black beans, and ripe avocado! Check out the Hunts Social Hub for more recipes and ideas.
Today, and I looked at the disaster my house is, because we are moving, not because we are slobs. I was thinking about who I have become lately. A few years ago I never would have been able to hop on the computer if my house was a mess. But now… well here I am writing this post.
Anyway, I realized three things about myself.
First, I am looking at this mess and all I want to do is throw a party. I am a total child! Last year I was going to throw this big blow out party for my big 3-0. Well, it never happened. So this year I want to throw a big fiesta. Complete with piñata. I love birthday parties. Love them. And I love piñatas. Not really because of the candy, but because it is fun to break something open and see candy spill out. Anyway, I started party planning instead of packing. Typical me.
Like I said…a child.
Another thing, I am kind of lazy. Like, I work my butt off, and go go go, but when it comes down to it, if there is a possible short cut I can take, then I probably will. Like, I can buy an already cooked Rotisserie chicken to make soup, rather than make it myself, done!
So yeah, none of the boxes are taped on top. Just the bottom. Lazy!
And lastly, I am pretty social. Yesterday a friend came and helped me pack, and it was really fun. Today, no friend, no packing. I need people.
What does any of this have to do with food? Well, today I am going to share a recipe with you guys that is perfect for a party, super easy to make, and totally versatile. Basically a match made in heaven for my personality! A chili lime salsa, and burrito bowl!
My party planning of course involves menu planning, which leads to recipe testing, and since it is a fiesta, there was salsa making. Delicious…delicious…salsa making!
You guys, this is probably the easiest salsa ever. (Catering to my lazy) You can make it in a food processor or blender. I prefer the food processor, but since I already packed mine, I used my blender this time.
I used Hunts canned tomatoes, which were perfect for this. So I just had to gather my ingredients, open a few cans, and put it in the food processor/blender. No chopping required for the perfect restaurant style salsa, and ideal party dip!
It is awesome as a dip, sauce, or topper (again, catering to my lazy side), and perfect for parties! See how I am making this work for my social side, and my child like side?
Anyway, after eating my weight in chips dipped in the stuff, I figured I should eat some veggies. So I made some Cilantro Lime Chicken, and then created these super tasty burrito bowls with the salsa as the topper! Yummy!
And it is totally perfect for a party because it is customizable, makes a lot, and is not expensive. Plus right now you can print this Hunt’s coupon to use on your next Walmart shopping trip; when you buy 3 get 1 free. Making this even cheaper!
Chili Lime Salsa Burrito Bowls
- 4 to 6 tortilla shell bowls
- 1 head romaine lettuce washed and chopped
- 1 cup sweet corn kernels
- 1 avocado sliced
- 2 sweet mini peppers sliced
- 1/2 cup black beans
- Cilantro and Cojita cheese for garnish
Chili Lime Salsa
- 1 28 ounce can Hunt's petite diced tomatoes
- 1 14.5 ounce can Hunt's no salt added petite diced tomatoes
- 1/2 bunch of cilantro
- 1/2 a serrano pepper de-seeded
- 1/2 cup fresh squeezed lime juice
- 1 Tbs minced garlic
- 1 Tbs granulate sugar optional
- 1 Tbs taco seasoning from a packet is fine, or make your own
- 1/4 a red onion
- 4-5 green onion stalks ends snipped off
Cilantro Lime Chicken
- 1 lb boneless skinless chicken breasts
- 1 tbs olive oil
- 1 tsp cumin
- 1 tsp black pepper
- 1/2 tsp chili powder
- 3 limes juiced and zested
- 1 Tbs minced garlic
- 1/4 cup chopped cilantro
- Put all salsa ingredients in blender or food processor and blend. For a chunkier version, reserve the smaller can, and half the cilantro and onions, blend the rest, then put in the reserved items and pulse a couple times until desired consistency is achieved.
- Heat olive oil over medium-high heat in a medium side fry pan
- Sear chicken on both sides
- Sprinkle cumin, black pepper, and chili powder over chicken, and add garlic to pan
- Cook until chicken is cooked through 5-7 minutes
- Remove chicken from pan, and shred, then return to pan, add in lime juice, and cilantro, and stir to combine.
- Layer lettuce, chicken, black beans, corn, sweet peppers, and avocado in tortilla bowl, and top with chili lime salsa, cilantro, and cojita cheese!
Our recipe card software calculates these nutrition facts based on averages for the above ingredients, different brands, and quality of produce/meats may have different nutritional information, always calculate your own based on the specific products you use in order to achieve accurate macros for this recipe.
Be sure to check out more delicious salsa recipes on the Hunt’s Social Hub . I’d love to hear your favorite!