Flavorful homemade ‘kickin chipotle pesto is the perfect match for juicy grilled chicken skewers! These Chipotle Pesto Grilled Chicken Skewers are ready for your summer picnic table in only 20 minutes!
Chipotle Pesto Grilled Chicken Skewers
©Eazy Peazy Mealz by EazyPeazyMealz.com
Pin it to your Dinner Recipes board to SAVE it for later!
Follow Eazy Peazy Mealz on Pinterest for more great tips, ideas and recipes!
Hi there, Eazy Peazy Mealz readers! Sarah here visiting from Whole and Heavenly Oven. I am SO excited to be contributing on Rachael’s awesome blog for the next couple of months.—Totally can’t wait to get to know you!
A few quick little tidbits about me: As I mentioned above, I do have my own blog where I’ve been sharing lightened-up and healthier recipes for over three years now. Healthy food is totally my thing, BUT I absolutely believe that health food shouldn’t be boring and it most definitely has to be easy to make. After all, eazy peazy IS the name of the game around here, right??
Case in point —> The chicken skewers I’m sharing with you today!
Flavor city? Check.
Just about as summery as dinner can get? Check. 😍😍
So who’s obsessed with their grill right now? I’m hoping I’m not the only one because these chicken skewers have me COMPLETELY smitten with summer.
Seriously. It has to be the homemade chipotle pesto, because oh my gosh, the FLAVORS in these skewers are completely unreal.
The chipotle adds just a little kick of heat that you can totally dial back on a little bit if you like your flavors a little bit on the tamer side. All you heat-lovers out there? Pump up the heat and tell those tastebuds to buckle their seatbelts!
In the meantime…you should definitely be dusting off that grill right about NOW. Like this very second because I don’t even exaggerate a little bit. — you are going to fall head over heels for these INSANE chicken skewers! Honest.
And in the rare occasion of leftovers? You can send ’em on over my way. *wink*
- 1-1/2 cups loosely-packed fresh spinach
- 1/2 cup fresh basil leaves
- 1 tablespoon minced chipotle in adobo sauce
- 1/2 cup pine nuts
- 1/4 cup grated Parmesan cheese
- 1 clove garlic
- 1/4 cup olive oil
- Salt and pepper to taste
- 1-1/2 lbs chicken breasts, cut into 1-in cubes
- Place spinach, basil, chipotle, pine nuts, Parmesan, and garlic in a food processor. With food processor running, drizzle olive oil through top until pesto is smooth, scraping down sides if necessary. Season with salt and pepper to taste.
- Skewer chicken on kebab sticks. Divide pesto in half and brush one half on chicken skewers. Grill chicken over medium-high heat, turning occasionally until chicken registers 165F on a thermometer, about 10 minutes.
- Remove chicken from grill and generously brush chicken with remaining pesto. Enjoy chicken skewers warm!
Need more kebab and skewer ideas? You’ve gotta try these winners!
Don’t forget to pin to your GRILLING board on Pinterest: