This shop has been compensated by Collective Bias, Inc. and its advertiser. All opinions are mine alone. #Keurig400 #CollectiveBias
Perfectly crispy, but not too hard Chocolate Chip Cookie Biscotti with the perfectly brewed Keurig K-Cup packs hot cocoa amped up with homemade peppermint whipped cream. Can you think of anything more festive?
I can’t. In fact, this combination just screams, cozy footy pajamas, sitting around the fire, and enjoying Winter Break to me! It actually makes me want snow, and if you know me, that is rare!
We have had a fairly mild winter thus far, but it is starting to turn cold, and “hot-chocolate” season is running full force in our house.
My 2 year old seems to think it is the only beverage worth her time, and we have had a number of tantrums thrown over wanting hot chocolate and getting water instead.
She has even gotten pretty good at manipulating the family to get cocoa. She asks Dad for cocoa, then while Dad is showering, she asks big brother. Then usually moves on to big sister. Then when those three have left for the day she usually sweet talks me into a mug. Sadly for her I finally caught on and realized that 4 mugs of cocoa before 9 AM is probably not a good habit to get my 2 year old into. But breaking her of her habit has gotten hard. Especially when a big pot of cocoa is sitting there on the counter, waiting for someone to drink it.
My husband suggested cocoa packets, so we could make individual cups, but truthfully, they make such a giant mess all over my counters and floors, and heavens knows they see a mop far too little as it is, that I said no.
But then I was lucky enough to get a Keurig 2.0 which can brew a single cup or a whole carafe. So for days when everyone is home and wanting the same thing, carafe it is, and on those busy school mornings, where everyone is having breakfast at a different time, and my little one wants her cocoa, I can just make a single serve using K-Cup packs.
I am not a coffee drinker, so I never thought I would want a Keurig, but it is so nice to have! It is not just for coffee, even though Keurig offers America’s top 10 best-selling coffee brands, it also has 400+ beverage varieties from 60+ brands. Which means I can have dark chocolate cocoa, my kids can have milk chocolate, and my husband can have cider. It is absolutely perfect for us.
It is so nice because it uses new Keurig 2.0 Brewing Technology™, which reads each lid to deliver a perfect beverage every time. So easy even my kids can make it on their own, without my help. Any parent knows how invaluable that can be on a busy morning, or after a day spent playing in the snow. My kids love that they can make it themselves and look for any excuse to use it.
And with these chocolate chip cookie biscotti on hand, I have been finding plenty of excuses for making cocoa myself! Let me tell you a little about these delightful little cookies that are totally justifiable in the adult world to eat with breakfast.
I like biscotti, but sometimes they are so hard I feel like I either have to soak them in cocoa until they take on that soggy bread texture (blech) or break my teeth on them. But these are awesome. They are crispy like they should be, but soft enough to bite into without dental damage.
Chocolate Chip Cookie Biscotti Peppermint Whipped Cream
- 1/4 cup salted butter
- 1/4 cup shortening
- 1/2 cup granulated white sugar
- 1/4 cup light brown sugar
- 3 large eggs
- 2 tsp vanilla
- 1 tsp baking powder
- 3/4 tsp salt
- 3 cups all-purpose flour
- 1 1/2 cups milk chocolate chips
- 1 cup chocolate to dip biscotti in
- 1 tsp vanilla or other flavoring
- 2 cups heavy whipping cream cold
- 3 tablespoons sweetener of choice: turbinado sugar coconut palm sugar, powdered sugar, or granulated sugar
- 1 teaspoon peppermint extract
- Preheat oven to 375 degrees
- Cream together butter, shortening, and sugars
- Add eggs one at a time, beating thoroughly between each egg.
- Beat in vanilla extract, baking powder, and salt
- Gradually add in the flour
- When well mixed, stir in chocolate chips
- Divide dough into two equal pieces, and roll into logs
- Lay logs on parchment lined baking sheet, and press to flatten out some, until about 3-4 inches wide
- Bake for 20-25 until slightly browned
- Remove form oven, and put on a cooling rack
- Let cool for about 20 minutes, then slice with a bread knife into pieces about 3/4 an inch thick
- Lay flat on baking sheet and turn oven down to 300 degrees.
- Bake for an additional 12-15 minutes
- Remove from oven and let cool
- Melt chocolate in a microwave safe bowl by microwaving in 30 second increments and stirring between.
- Once melted add in vanilla or extract of choice and stir well
- Dip biscotti into melted chocolate and sprinkle with crushed peppermint, buts, mini chocolate chips or anything else you want, or leave plain. Place on parchment paper and let dry
- Put all ingredients in blender and secure the lid. Then blend slowly at first and move up higher. Blend only until soft peaks form, then serve!
Serve within a couple of hours
Our recipe card software calculates these nutrition facts based on averages for the above ingredients, different brands, and quality of produce/meats may have different nutritional information, always calculate your own based on the specific products you use in order to achieve accurate macros for this recipe.
Now tell me you don’t want a Keurig 2.0 and these tasty treats to go with it?
Well, you can pick it up at Walmart. Yup, so convenient. And they make great gifts for the coffee lover, tea lover, or hot chocolate lover.
In fact, I had a feeling my nephew might like the idea of a Keurig, and a fun gift basket full of K-Cup Packs and Biscotti, disposable hot beverage cups and more, so I put one together for him as a gift. I will be gifting it to him at our family Christmas party, and will come back to let you know what he thinks! But I am pretty sure he is going to love it.
Do you love biscotti? Try this Chocolate Mint Almond Biscotti