My son is a lover of all things pancakes. Mornings are crazy at our house. We drive our kids to school out of district, so we have a bit of a commute. My husband works in the restaurant industry, and is rarely home at night, so most of our family time is in the mornings. With that being said, fast and easy breakfast is usually the norm, but for my youngest son, who is not yet in school, pancakes are a staple. Because he does not have to leave as early, he usually gets a better breakfast than the other two. One morning my husband walked in the door from dropping the two Bigs at school, and my son said, “Hello Mr. Pancakes.” My hubby responded, “I’m not Mr. Pancakes” and my son said, “You could be! You just have to make me some.” It was too cute.
Anyway, we like normal pancakes, and blueberry pancakes, and banana nut pancakes, German pancakes, etc. and these are scrumptious–Citrus Ricotta Pancakes. It is almost like eating cake. And for my youngest son, that is like a dream come true.
Citrus Ricotta PancakesPrint Pin Rate
- 1 3/4 cups ricotta cheese whole milk, part-skim, your choice
- 1/3 cup sugar
- 2 large eggs
- 1 tsp grated orange or tangerine zest
- 1 tsp grated lemon zest
- 2/3 cup flour
- Whisk together ricotta, sugar, egg, and zest.
- Add flour, whisking until just combined.
- Cook on heated non-stick griddle, using cooking spray
- Heat griddle to medium-low heat
- Spray griddle
- Spoon in a fourth cup of batter per pancake
- Cook for 4 minutes per side (shorter if griddle is on higher heat)
- Serve warm with powdered sugar or syrup
- Garnish with fresh fruits
Here are the steps:
These are creamy, thick, yummy goodness!