This shop has been compensated by Collective Bias, Inc. and its advertiser. All opinions are mine alone. #SamsClubMag #CollectiveBias
Crunchy coconut coated chicken strips, dairy and grain free! And a creamy pineapple coconut dipping sauce that will take your tastebuds on an island vacation!
Did you know August is Health Awareness Month? My kids are officially back in school, and after I do my happy dance, I am taking some me time!
I love summer, and we had an excellent summer full of travel and fun, but the fact is, by the end of it I was feeling a little ragged and worn down. So I figured, now that my kids are back in school it is time to take care of myself for a while.
After dropping my kids off at school I ran to Sam’s Club to pick up some groceries because one of my goals for this school year is to actually take the time to eat lunch every day. When my kids aren’t home asking for lunch, I get busy and forget to eat. Then my energy is low, and I get tired, cranky, and no fun!
Sam’s Club has everything I could possibly need for a healthy lunch. Today I was feeling like coconut, so I decided to make one of my favorite lunches, Coconut Crusted Chicken Strips, and thought I would mix things up a bit with a Creamy Pineapple Coconut dipping sauce.
You guys, this chicken is dairy free, gluten free, and absolutely delicious!
I was able to pick up the coconut flour, coconut milk, coconut yogurt (for the sauce), and shredded coconut , as well as my chicken all at Sam’s Club! I also picked up the Healthy Living Made Simple magazine, which has tons of tips, advice, recipes, and information for leading a healthier life. After all, I am trying to get healthier. Check out all the reasons coconut is so amazing with this Sam’s Club Superfood Spotlight.
This chicken is so easy to make. I love it. You just cut it into strips, dredge it in a coconut milk and egg mixture, then in the coconut flour, then back in the egg mixture, then press shredded coconut on it. Put it on a baking sheet that has a rack on it (which helps the whole thing get crispy), then bake! So easy peasy, and absolutely delicious.
And the sauce is also easy and fantastic! It is a coconut greek style yogurt, fresh pineapple, and shredded coconut. Put it in a blender, blend, then stir in some fresh stuff, and refrigerate until you are ready to use! Amazing.
We are big time dunkers over here, so it is nice to make a dipping, dunking, delving sauce that is super yummy! And I was able to get everything I needed for it right at Sam’s Club! I love Sam’s Club not just because of the variety and prices, but because I don’t have to drag my kids into a million stores to get what I need. I can get clothes for working out, fill a prescription, pick up my groceries, and diapers, as well as get a movie for my kids all in the one stop. As a busy mama, I love this!
Coconut Crusted Chicken Strips with Creamy Pineapple Coconut Dipping Sauce
- 1 1/2 lbs chicken cut into strips
- 2 large eggs
- 1 cup coconut milk
- 1 3/4 tsps salt divided
- 1/2 cup coconut flour
- 1 teaspoon cayenne pepper
- 1/2 teaspoon black pepper
- Sprinkle of paprika
- 2 cups shredded coconut sweetened
Creamy Pineapple Coconut Dipping Suace
- 1 cup greek style coconut yogurt
- 1/2 cup fresh cut pineapple
- 2 Tbs shredded coconut
- Fryer oil optional, only if frying
- Preheat oven to 375 degrees F. or Preheat oil to 375 degrees
- Cut chicken into strips
- In a shallow dish mix together coconut milk, 1 tsp salt, and 2 eggs until frothy
- Put coconut flour, paprika, and black pepper in a separate shallow dish
- Put shredded coconut in a third shallow dish
- Take chicken strips and dip them in the coconut milk mixture, until well coated
- Then dip into the coconut flour mixture until nice and evenly coated
- Dip back into the liquid mixture
- Then place in dish holding the shredded coconut and carefully press coconut onto the chicken
- Place on a baking sheet with a rack on it. I used a cookie sheet with a cooling rack placed inside of it, and sprayed it with cooking spray. This keeps the chicken off the bottom of the pan, and allows it to get crispy all around the chicken so the bottom is not soggy.
- Continue to coat chicken until all your chicken is on the tray.
- Place tray in preheated oven and cook for 15-17 minutes, until coconut is browned, then flip chicken and cook an additional 5-8 minutes until chicken is cooked through with an internal temperature of 165 degrees
- If frying, fry 4-5 minutes until chicken is cooked through and coconut is browned
- Place 1/2 the yogurt, the pineapple, and 1 Tbs shredded coconut in a blender and blend until smooth, then mix in the additional coconut and yogurt.
- Refrigerate until ready to serve.
- Serve with chicken as a dipping sauce.
Our recipe card software calculates these nutrition facts based on averages for the above ingredients, different brands, and quality of produce/meats may have different nutritional information, always calculate your own based on the specific products you use in order to achieve accurate macros for this recipe.
I love coconut anything and everything, but what is your favorite way to cook with coconut?
Free Weekly Meal Plan
Get a FREE weekly meal plan sent to your inbox, with shopping list! And the occasional update!