This post is sponsored by Vital Proteins, all opinions, and my love of Vital Proteins, are my own.
A sweet and lightly coconut-y banana bread! This Coconut Vanilla Banana Bread has added protein, and whips up very quickly. No mixer needed.
Coconut Vanilla Banana Bread
©Eazy Peazy Mealz by EazyPeazyMealz.com
Pin it to your Bread board to SAVE it for later!
Follow Eazy Peazy Mealz on Pinterest for more great tips, ideas and recipes!
This recipe is really special to me. The base of the recipe is one I have been making for years. It is my full-proof Super Simple Banana Bread, and it is so easy you don’t even need a hand mixer, you can just stir it together and dump it in your bread pan. It has a great consistency, it has great banana flavor. Basically it is one of those classic recipes that will be passed down for generations.
The base is great, but this might just be my favorite rendition yet. The added vanilla and coconut is awesome, but the added protein makes it even better! I use Vital Proteins, of course, because they are my favorite! I have been using their collagen peptides and beef gelatin for a little under a year, and am in love, but recently they came out with some new protein products, and the Pasture-Raised, Grass-Fed Collagen Whey Vanilla Coconut is amazing! Especially in this banana bread. It offers an advanced protein utilization formula, and is great for joint health. As someone who works on my computer all day long, joint health is huge for me, carpal tunnel is no joke!
Anyway, if you have ever wanted to make the best banana bread ever, and have something that is both a great breakfast option, a great after workout option, or perfect protein packed snack, then do yourself a favor and get baking! You won’t regret it.
One other thing to keep in mind is the sugar can be cut down if the bananas are ripe enough. The riper the banana the sweeter it will be, and the less sugar you will need.
I topped the bread with coconut and it added a fun crunch and was so yummy. But it is totally optional.
Coconut Vanilla Banana Bread
- 3 ripe bananas mashed with a fork
- 1/3 cup melted butter
- 1/2 cup white granulated sugar
- 2 scoops Vital Proteins Collagen Whey Vanilla and Coconut Water
- 1 egg whisked with a fork
- 1 tsp vanilla extract
- 1 tsp baking soda
- 1/4 tsp salt
- 1 1/2 cups all purpose flour
- 1/2 cup sweetened shredded coconut for top optional
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees
- Mash your banana with a fork, in a large mixing bowl.
- In a small cup whisk an egg with a fork.
- Add egg to banana mixture along with all other ingredients excepted coconut shreds
- Grease a glass loaf pan (1 lb size), and pour mixture into it.
- Sprinkle sweetened shredded coconut over top, and lightly press into the top
- Bake for approximately 1 hour, until lightly browned and knife inserted in center comes out clean
- Remove from oven and turn onto a cooling rack
- Let cool completely before serving
Our recipe card software calculates these nutrition facts based on averages for the above ingredients, different brands, and quality of produce/meats may have different nutritional information, always calculate your own based on the specific products you use in order to achieve accurate macros for this recipe.
Pin to Quick Breads board: