This shop has been compensated by Collective Bias, Inc. and its advertiser, Walmart Family Mobile. All opinions are mine alone. #DataAndAMovie #CollectiveBias
Cookie Butter Ice Cream Cake that has a thick crunchy cookie butter layer, and creamy ice cream, drizzled in caramel. Fun enough for a special occasion, and easy enough for everyday. The perfect treat for a family movie night!
Cookie Butter Ice Cream Cake
©Eazy Peazy Mealz by EazyPeazyMealz.com
Pin it to your Summer Desserts board to SAVE it for later!
Follow Eazy Peazy Mealz on Pinterest for more great tips, ideas and recipes!
Does your family have traditions that aren’t tied to specific holidays or events? Someone asked me this question not too long ago, and I thought about our summer road trips and german pancake breakfasts. Then I thought about when I was growing up and realized one of our “traditions” from my youth was ice cream and family movie night!
My parents did not subscribe to a television service, so the only tv we watched was movies. And movies always meant ice cream. In fact, almost everything meant ice cream. Ice cream was a pretty regular part of my life as a kid. I remember a neighbor joking that it was our family’s version of beer. In his family they would all sit down and have a beer after dinner, and in ours, we had a bowl of ice cream. And weekends was ice cream sundaes and movie nights.
Some things never change, I still associate ice cream with movie nights.
We try to hold a regular family movie night, but with differing cinematic tastes and busy schedules it can get tricky. However, as you know, I am a big fan of Walmart Family Mobile, and while I love my Samsung Galaxy S5 for how great the camera on it is, and how easy it is to navigate, I also love the service plan. The Walmart Family Mobile PLUS Plan = Unlimited Talk, Text, & Data which includes up to 10GB of 4G LTE plus a free movie on VUDU every month ($7 value) per line for $49.88.
You can stream a new release movies on your smart TV or through a Roku or other such device, which is awesome. And because it includes a free movie once a month my movie night dilemmas are solved. I can’t complain about the money I wasted if the movie isn’t to my liking. I don’t have to hope I can find the movie. And since it is something we stream, I don’t have to find time to run out and pick a movie. And since it is one free movie per month it helps us keep our traditions alive and thriving.
And speaking of traditions, there is ice cream! Now, once a month I try to plan a fun ice cream treat to go with the movie. I am not always great at it, and sometimes it is just scoops of ice cream and all you can pour (before mom grabs it away) sprinkles. But this month I thought it would be fun to make something extra special.
I was shopping and saw Cookie Butter on sale for $1 a jar! I am obsessed with cookie butter, have been ever since I was in Belgium and had it on a waffle. Can’t. Get. Enough. So I bought all the jars on the shelf.
My kids and I were waxing on and on about how much we love cookie butter, and my son said how much he wished we could find cookie butter flavored ice cream. So I knew I had to do something cookie butter for our next family movie night ice cream treat.
This ice cream cake has cookie butter ice cream, a crunchy cookie butter center layer, and a hard shell cookie butter topping! And it rocks. Plus it literally only takes about 10-15 minutes to put it together, so it is one of those treats that looks super impressive, but is actually really easy.
Try it! I think you will find that it is just the rich, delicious, indulgence you would expect from something with cookie butter.
Cookie Butter Ice Cream Cake
- 3/4 gallon Vanilla Ice Cream divided
- 3 cups Rice Krispies cereal
- 34 ounces cookie butter about 2 and a half jars
- Caramel sauce for garnish
- 9-10 inch Springform pan
- Open one 14 ounce jar of cookie butter, and place it in the microwave for 30 seconds, it should be thick but pourable.
- Put 1/2 a gallon of vanilla ice cream in the bowl of a stand mixer and add the 14 ounces of heated cookie butter. Using a paddle attachment, mix until well incorporated.
- Use a spatula and scrape the ice cream mixture into the bottom of the spring form pan. It should fill it half way, use the spatula to spread it evenly.
- Open the second jar of cookie butter, and heat in microwave for 30 seconds.
- In a large mixing bowl coming pourable cookie butter with rice krispies cereal. Stir until it is covered, then press over the top of the cookie butter ice cream, creating a flat layer.
- Next, scoop the remaining 1/4 gallon vanilla ice cream over the top of the cereal layer, using a spatula to even it out.
- Open the third jar of cookie butter, and use microwave to heat for 30 seconds until pourable. Pour approximately half the jar over the top of the ice cream cake, spreading it out evenly.
- Put on a cookie sheet, and freeze for at least 1 hour.
- Remove spring form ring, cut, serve, and enjoy!
Our recipe card software calculates these nutrition facts based on averages for the above ingredients, different brands, and quality of produce/meats may have different nutritional information, always calculate your own based on the specific products you use in order to achieve accurate macros for this recipe.
Disclaimer: All prices for phones and plans included in this post are accurate as of the date of posting; however, these prices are subject to change. Please refer to https://cbi.as/3edbu or your local Walmart for current pricing.
PIN this RECIPE to your SUMMER DESSERT Board