I participated in an Influencer Activation on behalf of Influence Central for Klondike. I received free product coupons to facilitate my review as well as compensation for my participation.
Cookie Dough Swirl Klondike Bar Ice Cream Cake that is easy to whip up and a real crowd pleaser.
I could live off ice cream in the summer. I mean, I don’t know how well my body would do with just ice cream, but my tastebuds and my mind would be very, very happy!
I absolutely love ice cream, in all it’s forms, mixed into a shake, as a bar, as a sandwich, as a big old bowl, by itself, or smothered in goodies. Give me ice cream and I will be a very happy girl.
I was so excited when I found out that Klondike has 12 different ice cream bar varieties. I had no idea, but I made it my mission to try all 12. Why yes, I have been avoiding the pool! Haha
No, but really, there is the classic chocolatey coated bar, and now there is a Cookie Dough Swirl, Heath, REESE’s, Mint Chocolate Chip, Krunch, Caramel Pretzel, OREO, Dark Chocolate, Rocky Road, Double Chocolate, Neapolitan, and of course Original!
I am going to give 5 of you a coupon to try whichever of these flavors you want! Awesome right?
Anyway, I bought a few boxes of the Cookie Dough Swirl, because they were calling my name, and there are 6 in each box. I had this idea of using an eggless cookie dough, and layer it with the Cookie Dough Swirl Klondike bars, then cover it in whipped frosting to make a super easy, and oh so yummy, ice cream cake.
So that is exactly what I did.
How perfect is this for a summer birthday? My thoughts exactly, and since my birthday is coming up, and I knew my hubby would need a nice and easy cake recipe to make me, I thought this one would fit the bill.
So who wants to come to my party? I know you are all secretly raising your hands behind your computer screens or phones…cuz we all know most of us use our phones to read blogs.
But I digress…the point is this Klondike Bar cake is yum, but you really don’t have to eat it in cake form, just grab a bar and eat it. There are so many flavors, so there is sure to be something you love. In fact, in 2014, Klondike launched a new type, the Klondike® Kandy Bars, which have the chocolatey Klondike shell, and then creamy ice cream with candy bar yumminess inside. You can get them nationwide, and they include: the new Mint Fudge Cookie, as well as Caramel & Peanuts, Fudge Krunch, and Cookies & Cream.
*Klondike Bars are available in six-packs and Klondike Kandy Bars are currently available in four-packs at grocery stores nationwide for a suggested retail price of $3.99.
Cookie Dough Swirl Ice Cream Cake
- 4 Klondike Bars- Cookie Dough Swirl Variety left whole
- 1 tub Extra Creamy Whipped Topping
- 1 cup soften butter
- 1 1/2 cups brown sugar
- 1 Tbs vanilla
- 1/2 tsp salt
- 2 cups flour
- 1 cup oat flour just grind oats up in your blender
- up to 1/3 cup milk to reach proper consistency
- 1 1/2 cups milk chocolate chips
- Prepare cookie dough by creaming butter and sugar together, add in vanilla, a couple tablespoons of milk, some salt and some flour.
- Check consistency, and add more milk if needed for a cookie dough consistency.
- Stir in chocolate chips.
- Divide cookie dough in half, and in a 8 x 8 pan, lined with parchment paper, press half the cookie dough into a even layer.
- Put the Klondike bars in the center, there should be some room around the edges
- Take the remainder of the cookie dough, and layer it on top and press it down the sides so the Klondike bars are completely incased.
- Spread whipped topping generously over the top
- Return to the freezer for 15-30 minutes
- Remove from freezer, slice and enjoy!
Our recipe card software calculates these nutrition facts based on averages for the above ingredients, different brands, and quality of produce/meats may have different nutritional information, always calculate your own based on the specific products you use in order to achieve accurate macros for this recipe.
Giveaway time! So here’s the skinny: Contest entrants are only eligible to win once per sweepstakes, per household as part of a campaign sponsored by Influence Central and must be 18 and reside in the United States.
Giveaway runs July 27-August 3! Winners will be notified within 24 hours of close of contest and have 24 hours to respond!
a Rafflecopter giveaway