The crock pot is great for side dishes as well as main dished. While I love a good roast, or brisket in the crock pot, it is also really nice to have sides. I have a 3 pot crock pot, so I often cook 3 courses or options at once. In this case, I cooked the Hamburger Gravy over rice, this creamed corn, and a caramel fondue. This meant I had a main, a side, and a dessert. Yum.
I totally recommend buying a 3 pot cooker. It is awesome!
These are three great options that come in 1 quart size up to 2.5 quart size, so it works for whatever size family/meal you will be making:
Slow Cooker Creamed CornPrint Pin Rate
- 32 ounces frozen corn kernels divided
- 1 (8 ouncpackage cream cheese
- 1/2 cup butter
- 3/4 cup milk
- Salt and pepper to taste
- Take 16 ounces of frozen corn and put in a blender with 1/2 a cup of milk.
- In a slow cooker, combine remaining corn, blended corn, cream cheese, butter, remaining milk.
- Season with salt and pepper to taste.
- Cook on High for 2 to 4 hours, or on Low for 4 to 6 hours.
Our recipe card software calculates these nutrition facts based on averages for the above ingredients, different brands, and quality of produce/meats may have different nutritional information, always calculate your own based on the specific products you use in order to achieve accurate macros for this recipe.
Dump all your ingredients in the crock pot, stir, and let cook.
Then serve and enjoy.