This recipe has a lot of flavor, and a lot of dimension. This delightful pork dish is slow cooked, allowing the meat to simmer in the garlic, onions, and peppers for a deep, rich, flavor perfect for the comfort food that tacos are.
Crockpots can be real dinner savers. I typically do not love crockpot meals, but I know my readers do. I have been developing more crockpot recipes, and this is one that I feel is good enough to share. In the spirit of honesty, my husband did not like this recipe. He doesn’t enjoy pork, and while he ate it, he said, “It is not your best.” I disagree. I thought it was great. I was glad I made a big pot full because it meant I had leftovers!
- 3 lbs pork sirloin cubed into 1 inch cubes
- 1 large onion diced
- 5-6 sweet mini peppers chopped
- 2 Tbs minced garlic
- 16.9 ounces chicken broth
- 1 large jalapeno deseeded
- 1 can diced tomatoes
- 1 Tbs cumin
- 1 1/2 cups cilantro half a bunch
- 1 Tbs Chipolte sauce
- 1 tsp chili powder
- 1 batch homemade tortillas
- 1 cup shredded cheese
- 1 avocado
- 1 cup homemade salsa
- Sour cream
- 2-3 Tbs olive oil
- In a large saucepan heat olive oil over medium heat
- Add in onions, garlic, and sweet mini peppers
- Cook until onions are tender.
- Put half of the onion mixture into bottom of crock pot
- Put pork cubes in saucepan and cook stirring as needed until pork is tender
- In a blender, combine jalapeno, can of diced tomatoes, cumin, chili powder, chipolte, and cilantro.
- Blend until smooth
- Put 16.9 ounces of chicken stock in crock pot.
- Put pork in crockpot
- Cover with tomato mixture
- Let cook for 4-6 hours
- Assemble tacos and enjoy
Our recipe card software calculates these nutrition facts based on averages for the above ingredients, different brands, and quality of produce/meats may have different nutritional information, always calculate your own based on the specific products you use in order to achieve accurate macros for this recipe.
Leave a Reply