Thick, fudgy brownies, topped with light whipped topping, chocolate ganache, and a raspberry compote.
What is it about chocolate and berries that is just such a great combination? I mean, chocolate covered strawberries are basically the official treat of holidays like Valentine’s day. Chocolate fountains complete with a berry tray seem to be a staple at weddings and parties, and this…this amazing dessert has my tastebuds singing. Excuse me while I go wipe drool off my chin.
Okay, I’m back. Seriously though, this recipe may look daunting because there are a few parts: The brownies! The Topping! The Ganache! The Raspberry Compote! But it is actually really easy to make. The brownies are made in just one bowl, then dumped into the pan. And the compote and ganache can easily be made while the brownies cook. So do your tastebuds a favor and start baking!
Double Chocolate Brownies with Raspberry Compote
Double chocolate brownies
- 12 ounces dark chocolate chips or chunks
- 1/4 cup butter
- 3/4 cup sugar
- 2 eggs
- 1 cup flour
- 2 Tbs baking cocoa powder
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1 teaspoon vanilla
- 1 cup milk chocolate chips
- 1 pint raspberries
- 1/4 cup sugar adjust to desired sweetness
- 1 Tbs lemon juice
- 1/2 tsp cornstarch
- 1 cup semi-sweet chocolate chips
- 1/2 cup heavy whipping cream
- Preheat oven to 350
- In a microwave safe bowl, melt butter and chocolate chips in 30 second intervals, stirring between each
- Once melted, add sugar, eggs, flour, cocoa powder, and salt.
- Mix until combined
- Fold in vanilla and chocolate chips
- Pour into greased 8 x 8 glass baking dish
- Bake 25-30 minutes
- Remove from oven and let cool completely
- Melt chocolate, and str in heavy whipping cream
- While brownies are baking, combine raspberries, sugar, and lemon juice in a heavy saucepan, and bring to slow boil, turn down and let simmer 10 minutes. When raspberries start to fall apart, stir in corn starch and let thicken.
- Remove from heat and let cool for 15 minutes
- Top cooled brownies with whipped topping
- Pour ganache over whipped topping topped brownies
- Let cool
- Cut into squares
- Top with Raspberry Compote and serve
Our recipe card software calculates these nutrition facts based on averages for the above ingredients, different brands, and quality of produce/meats may have different nutritional information, always calculate your own based on the specific products you use in order to achieve accurate macros for this recipe.