This cake literally is the stuff dreams are made of. At least my raspberry, cream cheese, cake dreams. My sister in law makes this cake regularly. She found the recipe in a novel she was reading, and decided to give it a try. I am sorry, I do not know what novel, nor do I know whom to credit. So my disclaimer is that this is not my recipe. And thank heavens for whomever created it! And for a sister in law willing to make it and bring it over to me!
Calories don’t count for birthday cake right? This was my birthday cake this year, and I am hoping that it is zero calories. This blog is making me fat. You’re welcome.
- 4 1/2 cups flour
- 1 1/2 cups sugar
- 1 1/2 cups butter
- 2 beaten eggs
- 1 1/2 cups sour cream
- 1/2 tsp salt
- 1 tsp baking powder
- 1 tsp baking soda
- 2 tsp almond extract
Cream Cheese Layer
- 2 beaten eggs
- 1/2 cup sugar
- 16 ounces cream cheese
- 1/2 cup raspberry preserve
- Preheat oven to 350
- Grease two 9- or 10- inch springform or deep round foil pans.
- Combine 4 1/2 cups flour and 1 1/2 c sugar
- Cut in 1 1/2 cups butter.
- Reserve 2 cups crumb mixture.
- To remaining crumb mixture add 2 beaten eggs, 1 1/2 cups sour cream, 1/2 tsp salt, 1 tsp each baking powder, baking soda, and 2 tsp almond extract. Mix.
- Spread over bottom and up sides of prepared pans.
- Then combine 1 pound softened cream cheese with 1/4 tsp vanilla, 2 beaten eggs, and 1/2 cup sugar.
- Spread half of this mixture over the batter in each pan.
- On top of the cream cheese mixture on each cake spread 1/2 cup raspberry preserve
- Spread remaining crumb mixture over the top of two cakes, distributing evenly
- Bake cakes 45 to 55 minutes. Test with toothpick for doneness. Cool the cakes at least half an hour before serving.
- Better to make ahead and refrigerate.
Our recipe card software calculates these nutrition facts based on averages for the above ingredients, different brands, and quality of produce/meats may have different nutritional information, always calculate your own based on the specific products you use in order to achieve accurate macros for this recipe.