Easy Slow Cooker Mango Habenero Chicken Tacos take 5 minutes prep time, and result in tacos with insanely delicious sweet heat flavor you won’t be able to get enough of! Perfect for a weeknight or lunches for the week.
Can every day be #TacoTuesday? With these amazing tacos you won’t care what day it is. The chicken is cooked in a slow cooker, and then shredded! Then you load up those tacos. Easy, delicious, and super flavorful. These tacos are a weeknight meal win of the most flavorful kind. In fact, I am calling all Flavor Seekers and inviting them to try this simple to make, and simpler to eat taco rendition. This shredded chicken is also amazing on salads, in burritos, or over cilantro lime rice!
These chicken tacos are so easy because they start with a jar of La Victoria Salsa Mango Habanero. This means you get tons of layered flavors, spices, and what not, without the work. Mmmmm. Sometimes I use 2 jars, one to cook it in, then one to toss it in when it is done cooking. Up to you!
Anyway, you cook it in the salsa and a few other ingredients, and let it be. When it is done cooking 3-4 hours later, you shred it and assemble those tacos!
This shredded chicken is bursting with flavor, so I keep the tacos fairly simple, but you could always add in whatever toppings you like best. A little cilantro and sweet mini peppers for me and all is good!
If you want an even more intense flavor, feel free to use more salsa, or like mentioned earlier, toss the cooked chicken in additional salsa.
But no matter what you do, be sure to enjoy! You can find all kinds of new flavors of La Victoria salsa, perfect for summer, so be sure to look for them in your local grocery store.
Visit this landing page to follow our flavor journey and get more delicious recipes. Find sweet and spicy tips, perfect for summer grilling!
Easy Slow Cooker Mango Habenero Chicken Tacos
- 5 lbs Chicken Breast
- 1 jar La Victoria Salsa Mango Habanero
- 1 cup pineapple juice
- 1/2 cup lime juice
- 2 Tbs hot sauce
- 2 cloves garlic minced
- Corn tortillas
- Cherry Tomatoes
- Sweet Mini Peppers
- Other taco garnishes: sour cream cotija, avocado
- Place chicken in the bottom of a 5 quart slow cooker
- Pour jar of La Victoria Mango Habanero Salsa over the top. Add in pineapple juice, lime juice, hot sauce, and garlic. Cover and let cook 4 hours, until cooked through.
- Remove from slow cooker and shred.
- Assemble tacos by heating corn tortillas (add a little butter to a pan and heat on med-high if you want them a little crispy, otherwise, place several between two slightly damp paper towels and microwave 20 seconds.) adding a scoop of shredded chicken, and topping with sweet mini peppers, cilantro, and tomato, as well as your other favorite toppings.
Our recipe card software calculates these nutrition facts based on averages for the above ingredients, different brands, and quality of produce/meats may have different nutritional information, always calculate your own based on the specific products you use in order to achieve accurate macros for this recipe.
Where do you seek flavor? Enter the “Flavor Seekers” giveaway for a chance to win a trip for 2 to San Diego (flight and hotel included)!
Leave a Reply