Egg Roll in a Bowl
A healthy egg roll recipe that is packed with those delicious fillings you find in a classic egg roll, but without the unhealthy outer wrapping.
This low carb egg roll in a bowl recipe is so good it’s hard to believe it’s healthy too.
With this egg roll recipe being filled with delicious pork, crunchy cabbage, onion, and cooked in a delicious sauce, it has so many great elements that it is hard to believe it can be done from start to finish in just a quick 20 minutes! Whether you are on a low carb or keto diet, this egg roll in a bowl makes a great dinner for all.
How Do You Make Egg Roll in a Bowl?
Egg roll in a bowl takes all of the yummy goodies inside of an egg roll and places it inside a bowl, omitting the not so healthy, high carb outer covering.
Sometimes you just want a delicious dinner without having to feel guilty about the ingredients. That is why the egg roll in the bowl is such a perfect dish.
You can still enjoy the savory deliciousness that the popular egg roll has to offer without blowing those healthy New Year’s resolutions on the outer wrapping.
Trust me, this egg roll in a bowl is packed with such delicious flavor, you will hardly miss that outer rice wrapper.
Plus, egg roll in a bowl is so easy to make.
How To Make This Egg Roll In A Bowl Recipe:
- Brown pork in a pan over medium heat and then add sesame oil with thinly sliced cabbage and onion.
- Once onion has browned, add the soy sauce mixture.
- Add cabbage mixture and coat vegetables with sauce.
- Add chicken broth and continue to cook over medium heat for 3 minutes. Stir often.
- Garnish with salt, pepper, green onion, and enjoy.
This recipe is not hard and not time consuming.
This egg roll in a bowl recipe can be prepped, cooked, and finished in just a short 20 minutes. Now you can’t say that about a lot of recipes, can you.
Tips For Making Egg Roll In A Bowl?
This egg roll in a bowl is a fast, fairly easy, flavorful dish. However, even with the easiest recipes, there are some tips to help make the best finished product.
The following tips or steps are included in the recipe.
Tip For Making Egg Roll In A Bowl:
Use a spiralizer to cut the veggies.
Using a spiralizer will offer the quickest cutting results and the best finished product.
Use sesame oil instead of another cooking oil.
Sesame oil adds a nice depth of flavor, lending to that sought after Asian savoriness.
Use cabbage as a filling.
Cabbage is used in many egg rolls. Plus, the use of cabbage offers a crunchy element that is needed, since omitting the wrapped outer covering.
These few tips really help for a great egg roll in a bowl recipe, like this one.
What Is Inside An Egg Roll?
Typically an egg roll has a variety of veggies and if it isn’t solely a vegetable roll, then usually there is pork.
Egg rolls a lot of times have vegetables like onions, carrots, mushrooms, and cabbage.
What’s Inside This Egg Roll In A Bowl?
- Cabbage and Onion
- Soy Sauce Mixture (soy sauce, ginger, garlic)
- Chicken Broth
- Green Onions as a Garnish with Salt and Pepper
Is It Keto Friendly?
Yes! You can eat this egg roll recipe when on a keto diet. This egg roll in a bowl eliminates the carbs, making this a low carb, great keto diet option.
Unfortunately, the classic egg roll is not keto friendly. It has an outer rice wrapper, containing carbs.
Plus some egg roll dipping sauces or other egg roll in a bowl recipes may contain sugars in the sauces that make them not a low carb option.
Great news though, this egg roll in a bowl recipe has none of those problems.
With this recipe you get the flavor and fillings of a traditional egg roll dish without the high carbohydrates.
So, whether you are on a keto friendly diet or not or just want a healthier option, try this egg roll in a bowl recipe. It will become a favorite.
Ditch The Rice Wrapper And Make This Egg Roll In A Bowl!
Egg Roll in a Bowl has such the perfect blend of flavors that it’s hard to believe its so healthy.
Make this low carb egg roll recipe and say good bye to that unnecessary high carb rice wrapper. You won’t even miss it in this delicious, savory dish.
Looking for some other Asian inspired dishes? Try Easy Sesame Teriyaki Chicken Bowls (Meal Prep) and Ginger Orange Chicken Meal Prep. Both dishes can be made ahead of time and enjoyed later.
Egg roll in a bowl (keto)
- 1 pound ground pork
- 1 head cabbage thinly sliced
- ½ onion medium thinly sliced
- 1 tablespoon sesame oil
- ¼ cup soy sauce or liquid aminos
- 1 clove garlic minced
- 1 teaspoon ground ginger
- 2 tablespoons chicken broth
- Salt and pepper to taste
- 2 stalks green onion
- Brown ground pork in a large pan or wok over medium heat.
- Ensure cabbage and onion is thinly sliced into long strands. Use a spiralizer to cut the vegetables for quickest results.
- Add sesame oil and onion to pan with browned ground pork. Mix together and continue cooking over medium heat.
- Mix soy sauce, garlic, and ground ginger together in a small bowl. Once onions have browned, add the sauce mixture to the pan.
- Immediately add the cabbage mixture to the pan and toss to coat the vegetable and evenly distribute ingredients. Add chicken broth to the pan and mix. Continue cooking over medium heat for three minutes, stirring frequently.
- Garnish with salt, pepper, and green onion.
Our recipe card software calculates these nutrition facts based on averages for the above ingredients, different brands, and quality of produce/meats may have different nutritional information, always calculate your own based on the specific products you use in order to achieve accurate macros for this recipe.
Pin to your low carb board: