As part of my New Year’s Resolution to eat healthier, I am avoiding things like white flour tortillas, which means I am taking some of my favorite recipes and making them healthier. This was so easy it wasn’t even funny, and tasted so good. I went sauce free, as most of the sauces are lots of calories, but my onions and peppers were so flavorful I did not even miss it. However, if you want a good fajita sauce, try the one used for Fajita Tacos, it is delicious!
Fajita Lettuce Wraps
- 1/2 large onion sliced
- 6 sweet mini peppers cut into slices or rings
- 1 cup mushrooms slices
- 1 large chicken breast
- Salt pepper
- 6 leaves Green Leaf lettuce
- Sour Cream
- Put a little water in the bottom of your pan, and turn on to medium-high heat.
- Add onions, mushrooms, and peppers and keep an eye on the pan, letting the vegetables saute, stir occasionally so they do not stick to bottom of the pan. If water starts to run out before vegetables are tender, add a little more.
- Meanwhile, cook chicken breast (I used a George Foreman grill), season with salt and pepper if desired.
- Chop chicken into strips, and add into vegetables, turn heat up, and let onions caramelize, but don't let them burn.
- Season as desired
- Serve inside lettuce leaves, and top with fresh avocado, cheese, sour cream, or salsa as you see fit
Our recipe card software calculates these nutrition facts based on averages for the above ingredients, different brands, and quality of produce/meats may have different nutritional information, always calculate your own based on the specific products you use in order to achieve accurate macros for this recipe.