Frozen Strawberry Lemonade is tart, sweet, and an absolutely delicious way to enjoy a hot summer evening.
I used to think that drinking your calories was a bad idea. But I have changed my mind. Truthfully, I never realized how much I love my drinks. I don’t drink alcohol or coffee, so drinks didn’t seem to rate very high for me. But, truth be told, I love my drinks. I love hot chocolate in the winter, and smoothies almost daily. And I love frozen lemonades and limeades all summer long. And this is one of my favorites.
I make these awesome simple syrups when summer hits, and then when I get in the mood for a fun drink, I just have to blend one up. The syrups are easy to make, and with a nice high powered blender, frozen lemonade whips up quick.
So here’s the recipe:
Frozen Raspberry Lemonade
- 1 C. Fresh Lemon Juice about 7 limes
- 1 C. Sugar
- 1 C. Water
- 2 cups Raspberries
- 1 cup sugar
- 1 cup water
- Ice cubes
- Place the raspberries, 1 C. Sugar, and 1 C. water in a saucepan and bring to a boil over high heat. Reduce the heat to medium and simmer for 10 minutes, stirring occasionally.
- Place the mixture in a blender or food processor and puree until smooth. Put the puree through a small mesh sieve, and discard the seeds. Refrigerate the remaining puree in an airtight container.
- Place the lemon juice, 1 C. Sugar, and 1 C. water in a saucepan and bring just to a boil. Remove from heat and place in an airtight container. Refrigerate.
- Place about 14 ice cubes in a blender. Add 1/4 C. limeade base, 1/4 C. water. and 1/3 C. raspberry syrup to the blender and blend together until the ice becomes very fine and smooth. You'll want to check the taste of the limeade and add more lemonade base, water, or raspberry syrup as you see fit.
Our recipe card software calculates these nutrition facts based on averages for the above ingredients, different brands, and quality of produce/meats may have different nutritional information, always calculate your own based on the specific products you use in order to achieve accurate macros for this recipe.