I love french green beans. Like LOVE them. We call them squeeky beans. They squeek when you bite into them. Anyway, my favorite way to cook them is with a little butter and garlic. But, I am trying to cut out the butter and amp up the health in my cooking. I was trying to decide what to make for dinner, when inspiration struck. And this was the result.
What I love about this recipe is that it only has 4 ingredients. It is super duper easy to make, very fast, and pretty healthy (no oils, fats, sugar, white flour, etc.). I served with with a big green salad and a baked yam. Easy, tasty, veggie packed, and healthy.
Garlic Chicken and Green Beans
- 1 large chicken breast diced
- 1 lb of fresh french green beans If from Costco or Sam's it is about half a package
- 1 Tbs minced garlic
Seasonings to taste:
- Ground pepper and salt
- Onion powder
- Granulated garlic or garlic salt
- Start by warming your pan, put a little bit of water in the bottom with the minced garlic, and chicken.
- Season with a little ground pepper, a dash of onion powder, and garlic salt.
- Brown chicken to point that is is brown on the exterior, but not cooked through
- Add in green beans and about 3/4 cup of water.
- Cover and let steam for 3-5 minutes
- Uncover and stir, cook for 3-5 more minutes until beans are tender and chicken is cooked through.
- Taste, and season with additional ground pepper, onion powder and garlic salt (About 1/2 tsp of each should suffice)
Our recipe card software calculates these nutrition facts based on averages for the above ingredients, different brands, and quality of produce/meats may have different nutritional information, always calculate your own based on the specific products you use in order to achieve accurate macros for this recipe.