This post has been sponsored by Freschetta Pizza, all opinions are my own. #TrustTheCrust
A guide for taking Frozen Gluten Free Freschetta Pizza and grilling it to perfection!
Hello Friday! I don’t know about you guys, but boy am I ever ready for the weekend. This week I got home from a camping trip, celebrated the hub’s birthday, and got ready to head out for another trip with just my kids. It has been busy!
Needless to say, Friday night pizza night is a go! But instead of ordering pizza I opted to go for a freezer pizza, then amp it up a little by grilling it, and adding some of my favorite toppings (optional).
You guys, it is good stuff. Seriously good stuff. I started with a Freschetta Gluten Free Pepperoni pizza.
Freschetta recently expanded its line of Gluten Free pizzas. They have this awesome vine ripened tomato sauce, real cheese, and a crust you can trust! I love having some in my freezer so that when family and friends with gluten intolerance come over I am not scrounging to think of what to feed them.
I left it plain as it came because my kids only wanted pepperoni, but sometimes I will add a few extra toppings like olives, peppers, and onions. Feel free to add your favorites.
Then I grilled the pizza.
It is so fun to grill pizza. Have you ever tried it? It is an easy way to cook your pizza, and is not any harder than baking it in your oven. Not only does it keep the heat outside where it belongs during these hot summer months, but the smoke from the grill adds some serious flavor to the pizza. Yummy!
Check out the crust, it is nice and golden with a little darkening around the edges, which offers great flavor! The cheese was all melty and gooey, and everything was crisp and delicious. It cut so well!
Trust me, your Friday night pizza night needs this Grilled Gluten Free Freschetta Pizza! It doesn’t hurt that it is delicious. Just because it is gluten free doesn’t mean Freschetta sacrificed flavor, not at all.
But don’t just take my word for it, I teamed up with Freschetta to offer one lucky reader a prize pack to try this Gluten Free Pizza for themselves. So head to their site to check out all the gluten free pizza options, and be sure to enter below so you can win an Ultimate GF Pizza Kit!
The prize includes: 2 free product coupons, 1 Freschetta Pizza Cutter, A Grilling Pizza Pan, Pizza Seasoning, Kate Spade Green Towel, Kate Spade Green Oven Mitt, Kate Spade Green Napkins, and a Corsica apron! You do not want to miss out, so enter below.
- 1 frozen Freschetta Gluten Free Pizza
- Additional Toppings of choice
- Pre-heat grill to 400-450 degrees with lid closed for 8-10 minutes.
- Open grill lid and test temperature to make sure it is right
- Open your Freschetta frozen pizza and remove all packaging.
- Add any extra toppings you want on
- Place frozen pizza directly in the center of the grill rack and close lid.
- Grill for 4-6 minutes, possibly 1-2 minutes longer depending on how many toppings you added
- Open lid and turn pizza about a quarter turn, close lid.
- Grill for another 4-6 minutes or until outside of crust is looking crispy, and cheese is melted.
- Remove from grill, slice and serve!
a Rafflecopter giveaway