Carving board ham, creamy gooey goodness of havarti cheese, sweet pickles, and a spicy brown mustard and honey spread all on organic and delicious wheat bread, grilled to perfection!
We had an amazing Easter, how about you guys? I was really worried our Easter would suck. My nephew spilled the beans about Santa Claus at Christmas, and that lead to my kids asking lots of questions about other holidays. Is the tooth fairy real? The Easter bunny? Leprechauns? Nope! I was really bummed. My kids are still pretty young, and I just love the excitement and surprise, and fun that comes with these made-up characters, and family traditions.
I went into the holiday with a bad attitude. I forgot why we actually celebrate and got caught up in the fact that the surprise baskets would not be as fun, or surprising. So I basically skipped it. I got my kids a few things, but had a crummy attitude.
Then we had Easter. We spent it with family, and enjoyed an amazing meal, and I got to remember why we celebrate the Easter season and reflect on the redemption provided by Jesus Christ. But what in the world does this have to do with grilled cheese? Well, I used some leftover ham from our Easter meal, and some amazing Arla Dofino havarti cheese to make a grown up version of the classic ham and cheese sandwich!
If you don’t have leftover ham, get the carving board kind, or use any deli ham! When combined with the creamy goodness of family-friendly Havarti Arla Dofino cheese, which is free of added hormones, artificial flavors and preservatives, and crafted with quality, natural ingredients, you get a perfect gourmet grilled cheese! I put it on this bread I recently found, it is Eureka! Organic Bread, which is a fantastic organic bread full of rich flavor and chewy goodness. I used the Saaa Wheat version, but it comes in three varieties.
Aral Dofino and Eureka! Orangic bread are available in a variety of resources nationwide. Use the store finder to see if you can get it near you.
I love a good sandwich. I forgot how easy and delicious a good sandwich can be. And this one is no exception. A few simple ingredients (ones you likely already have) mean you get to enjoy a grown up grilled cheese!
Grown-up Ham and Havarti Grilled Cheese
- 2 Tbs butter
- 4 slices Eureka! Organic Bread
- 4 ounces Arla Dofino havarti cheese 1/2 cup shredded, or 4 slices
- 2 slices carving board ham
- 1 Tbs spicy brown mustard
- 1/2 tbs honey
- 8-10 Sweet Pickle chips
- Heat a griddle to 325 degrees
- Butter one side of each piece of bread and lay bread side down on a griddle
- Put on slice of cheese on each piece of bread
- Lay ham on top of 2 pieces of bread,
- Mix mustard and honey together, and put a dollop on each sandwich and spread over ham
- Add lettuce and pickles on top, and top with second piece of bread and cheese
- Serve warm
Our recipe card software calculates these nutrition facts based on averages for the above ingredients, different brands, and quality of produce/meats may have different nutritional information, always calculate your own based on the specific products you use in order to achieve accurate macros for this recipe.
Want more recipes and ideas for using Arla Dofino Havarti Cheese? Check out their website for more #GooeyGoodness ideas.
Win A Prize Pack:
And guess what? Arla Dofino is having a Twitter Party, and anyone who participates in the Twitter Party has a chance to win one of two grand prizes: the ultimate Grilled Cheese prize pack, including:
- Le Creuset® Sandwich Press
- Le Creuset® serving tray
- Le Creuset® plates (set of 4)
- Crate & Barrel OXO® Fish Spatula
- Anthropologie Apron
- Year’s worth of Arla Dofino cheese & Eureka! Organic Bread
How the Twitter Party works:
- Login into Twitter on Wednesday, April 8 from 8-9pm EST
- Follow @ArlaDofino, @TwoPeasandPod and @FoodieCrush
- Search for the hashtag #GooeyGoodness
- Join the conversation! Tweet using #GooeyGoodness so others see your comments