Halloween Apple Monster Mouth
A tray of monster mouthes made from apples and peanut butter. A spooky snack and fun Halloween fruit tray addition.
One of the things I really wanted to accomplish with the Halloween Food series I am doing is having fun and spending time with my kiddos.
I let them make these, and boy did we ever have a blast.
I even grabbed some cool Wilton Halloween Spider Sprinkles off of Amazon that they could put in the peanut butter so that it looks like these monsters have spiders in their mouth. It was so much fun. I hope you too can have fun making these!
Halloween: Apple Monster Mouths
- 3 large apples
- 3/4 cup creamy peanut butter
- Mini marshmallows candy corn, or almond slivers (to make teeth)
- Sprite or lemon juice to keep apples from browning
- Candy Eyes
- Remove core, and slice apples. Consider using an apple slicer.
- Dip apples in lemon juice or sprite to keep from browning
- Take two slices and spread peanut butter on one side, using the peanut butter to make them stick together. You can use toothpicks to help if peanut butter won't hold.
- Stick candy corn, mini marshmallows, or almond slivers into peanut butter to form monster teeth.
Our recipe card software calculates these nutrition facts based on averages for the above ingredients, different brands, and quality of produce/meats may have different nutritional information, always calculate your own based on the specific products you use in order to achieve accurate macros for this recipe.
This is the book we read:Monster Needs a Costume (Monster & Me)
It is such a cute book. It is about a monster who is trying to decide what to be for Halloween. It perfectly addresses the challenge of choosing a Halloween costume, and is beautifully illustrated. I thoroughly enjoyed it, which is good since my little one wanted to read it a gazillion times.
Leave a Reply