Spider Deviled Eggs! I mean, come on, are they not so cute? And what a fun way to dress up an appetizer to make it great for a Halloween party. I loved making this one, and let the kids help peel the eggs and assemble the spiders on top, but I did just about everything else. So, this is not the best activity if you want to do it with kids. But, it tastes great!
I used the Deviled Egg recipe I had on here a few weeks ago. But, if you have a favorite deviled egg recipe, use it. Then garnish with the olives to make it Halloween themed. Otherwise, this is a simple, and tasty option!
- 6 whole large eggs hard boiled then peeled
- 1/4 cups Mayonnaise
- 1 teaspoon yellow mustard
- 1/2 tsp garlic salt
- 1 teaspoon black pepper
- Olives for Spider Garnish
- Boil eggs by putting in lukewarm water, bring to boil, remove from heat, cover, let sit 10 minutes, then place in ice bath, and refrigerate until ready to use.
- Halve eggs lengthwise. Remove yolks and place in a small bowl.
- Mash yolks with a fork and stir in mayonnaise and mustard. Add garlic salt and pepper, adjust according to taste.
- Fill egg whites evenly with yolk mixture.
- Cut olives and form spider on top of eggs
- Store covered in refrigerator until ready to serve. Before serving, garnish with chives.
Our recipe card software calculates these nutrition facts based on averages for the above ingredients, different brands, and quality of produce/meats may have different nutritional information, always calculate your own based on the specific products you use in order to achieve accurate macros for this recipe.
Hard boil your eggs, however you usually do it. Here’s my method:
Once they start boiling, cover them, and take off the heat. Let sit for ten minutes.
Then stick them in an ice bath, and refrigerate until you are ready to peel them.
When you are ready to make your spider deviled eggs, peel, cut in half, remove centers. Then mix up your filling.
Fill your eggs.
Then sprinkle on some paprika.
And garnish with olives shaped into spiders!
The book I recommend for this fun activity is: How Spider Saved Halloween
This is a darling story with a lady bug, a fly, and spider. Some bullies try to ruin Halloween, and the spider devises a plan to save it. It is sweet, full of great moral lessons, and the kids love it.