Halloween: Witches Hats
- 1 package Fudge Stripe Cookies or shortbread cookies
- 1 bag of chocolate kisses
- 1 can of premade frosting vanilla or meltable candy wafers
- Orange food coloring
- Stir orange food coloring into frosting.
- Turn Fudge Stripe Cookies over
- Put a dab of frosting around the center of the cookie or a dab of melted candy wafer (chocolate)
- Place a chocolate kiss over the frosting
Our recipe card software calculates these nutrition facts based on averages for the above ingredients, different brands, and quality of produce/meats may have different nutritional information, always calculate your own based on the specific products you use in order to achieve accurate macros for this recipe.
Are these not adorable? This is a great activity for a school night because it is fast.
Start with your ingredients. Then assemble. I used melted chocolate because I had some leftover from when we did the Monster Marshmallow Pops.
The book we read to go with this easy witches hat food activity was: Two Little Witches: A Counting Story (Halloween)
It was a counting story, but it had a story and was cute enough that even my second and third grader enjoyed it.
I also thought this one might be nice if you have a preschooler: 10 Witch Hats (A Counting Picture Book)
It is really simplistic and just counts, so no real story, but great to go along with the activity as you can help your child count using the hats you make!