Ham and havarti roll up with a creamy honey mustard sauce. This honey mustard, cheese, and ham, all rolled up in crescent dough and baked to perfection makes a tasty, quick, and fun dinner the whole family will love.
Short on time? This is your answer.
Want big flavor? This is your answer.
Spending the night in, and want something special? This is your answer.
Basically, no matter what your question is, THIS is your answer.
I love this recipe because it makes for an awesome cheesy appetizer, or a full meal. Just add a salad and you are golden!
Have you guys gone and seen the movie Burnt yet? I am planning to this weekend, and I am so excited. I love watching cooking movies. It always gets me excited to head home and whip something up. And I won’t lie, having Bradley Cooper in it does NOT hurt a bit. Swoon.
Anyway, I wanted to have a fun movie night at home with the kiddos. And of course, all they wanted were treats. So I told them we had to at least have something savory. I saw this Castello Herbs and Spice Havarti cheese at my local Kroger store, and I knew I wanted to make something ridiculously tasty with it.
You can check out their whole line of awesome cheeses and enter to win a cooking class for two here.
My friend Sarah from High Heels and Grills had shared a ham and cheese roll up a while back, and so I thought it would be fun to make something similar, but with a different flavor profile. We have these french mustards that are so good. One of them is a honey mustard, and another is a whole grain mustard, so my wheels started spinning and I figured I could use that creamy, flavorful havarti with the mustards, and some ham to make a savory, delicious appetizer for our movie night at home.
So I grabbed a tube of crescent dough, laid it out, mixed together some whole grain dijon mustard, honey dijon mustard, honey, and onion powder, and spread it over the top. Then I laid the cheese on top, after slicing it thin. And topped that with ham slices.
Roll it up tight, and then you are going to slice it all up. Go for about 1 inch slices. It should make 10 total.
Then grease a pan, and lay them in it. At which point you will spoon some more of the honey mustard sauce over the top.
Then bake at 350 for 25 minutes!
Ham and Havarti Roll-ups with Honey Mustard Sauce
- 1 Tbs honey
- 1 Tbs honey dijon mustard
- 2 Tbs Whole grain dijon mustard
- 1/2 tsp onion powder
- 4 ounces herb and spice Castello Havarti
- 8 slices deli ham
- 1 tube/roll Crescent dough sheets
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees.
- Mix mustard sauce ingredients together in a small bowl.
- Open tube/roll of crescent dough and lay it out on parchment paper
- Spoon half the mustard mixture over the dough, and spread evenly, leave about half an inch without mustard on it on the long side.
- Slice or shred havarti
- Evenly spread cheese over the mustard sauce.
- Lay ham on top of cheese
- Roll the whole thing up, and make sure you roll it nice and tight.
- Slice it into one inch slices
- Place in a greased baking pan (8x8 or similar)
- Drizzle more mustard sauce over the top (optional, skip this if you don't want a lot of mustard flavor)
- Bake in preheated oven at 350 degrees for 25 minutes.
Our recipe card software calculates these nutrition facts based on averages for the above ingredients, different brands, and quality of produce/meats may have different nutritional information, always calculate your own based on the specific products you use in order to achieve accurate macros for this recipe.