This post is sponsored by Walkers Shortbread, all opinions are my own.
Holiday Banana Pudding
A fun holiday version of a classic banana pudding. So flavorful and yummy. The pudding is made with eggnog, and layered with Walkers Shortbread, bananas, and whipped cream, to make this the perfect dessert for holiday entertaining.
Serve it in individual portions by layering it in parfait cups, for holiday gatherings.
I am so excited to be sharing this recipe because it is:
- Easy to make and uses simple ingredients.
- Festive and fun. Especially with the Walkers Shortbread Holiday collection.
- Perfect for holiday entertaining.
One of the things that makes this recipe really special is the use of Walkers Shortbread.
The Walker family started baking shortbread in the Scottish highlands over 122 years ago, and that is where they remain to this day. The company was founded by Joseph Walker and his grandchildren and great grandchildren have continued the tradition of fine baking using only the best ingredients obtainable.
They bake in small batches, and use only the best ingredients, with absolutely no artificial flavorings, colorings or preservatives. So while they have expanded the collection and line of products, the quality remains the same.
Check out the Walkers Shortbread Holiday Catalog, which celebrates new and much-loved Walkers Shortbread products with creative recipes for holiday baking and entertaining.
You will find: festive holiday shortbread, novelty tins, chocolate offerings, pies and tarts, fruit pudding and cakes, and the spirits collection.
And you can use the promo code: RY15HOLIDAY for 15% off your order!
What You Need to Make Holiday Banana Pudding
This holiday banana pudding is such a fun recipe and a really easy way to get festive with your holiday entertaining without a ton of work. Here is what you need to make this recipe:
- Walkers Shortbread Mini Festive Shapes Snowman Box:
The star of this recipe is the Walkers Shortbread! It makes it not only cute and fun, but absolutely delicious. Just like how they have been made for the past 122 years, Walkers Shortbread cookies are buttery, delicious, and simple. You can taste the quality and natural goodness of the 4 simple ingredients: flour, pure creamery butter, sugar and salt. These make the perfect addition to this holiday banana pudding. The festive shapes elevate the appearance, and the flavor only adds to the deliciousness of the recipe.
It wouldn’t be banana pudding without pudding, and I am keeping it simple with a really basic pudding recipe, or you can use an instant pudding mix. If you use an instant pudding mix, I suggest Banana Cream flavored, and it is the perfect compliment for the eggnog, but vanilla or banana would also work great.
- Milk + Eggnog:
To make this the perfect holiday dessert, I knew I needed to add a little something extra to it to make it holiday specific. And who knew eggnog and banana could be such a fun mix? When making your pudding use a combo of milk and eggnog! What a treat!
It would not be banana pudding without the bananas, now would it?
- Whipped Cream:
Make your own, or use a spray whipped cream, but either way, you top this delicious creation with some whipped topping.
How to Make Holiday Banana Pudding
- Mix pudding up!
Mix up the pudding, and let it set up.
- Layer Banana Pudding
Scoop 1/2 a cup of banana pudding mixture into each parfait glass or cup, for easy serving while entertaining.
- Layer Banana Slices
Next you’ll want to cover that layer with banana slices. Remember, the bananas will brown, so cut and layer just before serving.
- Layer Walkers Shortbread Mini Festive Shapes
Now top the bananas with the Walkers Shortbread Mini Festive Shapes, they are so fun for holiday entertaining as they embody iconic shapes for the season.
- Continue to Layer
Add another layer of banana pudding and bananas!
- Top with Whipped Cream
Add whipped cream on top! As much or as little as you prefer.
- Garnish with an additional Walkers Shortbread Mini Festive Shapes
Make it the cutest dessert ever for holiday entertaining by finishing it off with one more mini shortbread! Don’t forget you can order anything from the Walkers Shortbread Holiday Catalog and get 15% off with the promo code: RY15HOLIDAY
Tips and Tricks
Making this recipe is Eazy Peazy, but here are a few tips for getting great results every time.
- If Using Instant Pudding, Use COLD Milk and Eggnog: One of the best things you can do is make sure to use cold milk and cold eggnog. This will help your pudding set faster.
- Lemon Juice: If you plan to make this ahead for a holiday party, and intend for it to sit for more than an hour or two, sprinkle the banana slices with some lemon juice so they don’t turn brown.
- Use Walkers Shortbread Mini Festive Shapes: Not only are they going to make your holiday banana pudding cups soooo cute and festive with the shapes, but they are also incredibly delicious. Walkers Shortbread is a trusted Holiday tradition. It is everything you want in a shortbread cookie, luxuriously buttery and wrapped in the distinctive tartan dress. Would it even be the holidays without it?
This recipe embodies the holiday season for me because it uses a holiday flavor profile of buttery shortbread and eggnog, but also because of the cute festive cookies: snowmen, Santa Claus, reindeer, and holly! So if like me, you plan to serve it at a holiday gathering of family and friends, here is what you need to know to make it ahead:
- Prepare each element separately. It doesn’t take long to assemble, so mix up your pudding, cover it, and refrigerate until ready to assemble and serve.
- Layer and assemble before serving. These will hold up nicely for a few hours, so you can layer and place on a serving table. However, add the whipped cream and final Walkers Shortbread Mini Festive Shape last, so it stays nice!
- Store in an airtight container in the refrigerator for 2-3 days!
Holiday Banana Pudding
- 5.3 ounces Walkers Mini Shortbread Festive Shapes
- 2-3 bananas
- Whipped cream for garnish
- 1 cup brown sugar
- 1/2 cup granulated sugar
- 1/4 cup corn starch
- 1/2 tsp salt
- 1 cup milk
- 2 cups eggnog
- 4 egg yolks
- 2 Tbs butter
- Whisk brown sugar, granulated sugar, corn starch, and salt together in a non-stick pan.
- In a separate bowl, whisk together milk, egg nog, egg yolks. Then pour into the pan with the sugars, and stir to combine.
- Turn heat on to medium and cook, stirring gently as it starts to bubble, about 10 minutes. Continue to stir until it reaches pudding consistency. Stir in the butter. Once it is melted, remove from heat, and pour 1/2 cup into each parfait cup. Pour the rest into a glass bowl, and let it set up.
- Take 4 parfait cups or individual portion dishes, and scoop 1/2 cup of pudding into the bottom of each container.
- Top with slices of banana, and 5-6 Walkers Mini Shortbread Festive Shapes.
- Then add another 1/2 cup of the pudding mix over the Walkers Mini Shortbread Festive Shapes, and more banana slices, top with whipped cream and an individual cookie in the top!
- Serve immediately and enjoy.
Our recipe card software calculates these nutrition facts based on averages for the above ingredients, different brands, and quality of produce/meats may have different nutritional information, always calculate your own based on the specific products you use in order to achieve accurate macros for this recipe.
Pin to your Holiday Entertaining board on Pinterest: