This shop has been compensated by Collective Bias, Inc. and its advertiser. All opinions are mine alone. #savewithbubbles #CollectiveBias
Asian Honey Chicken is easy to make, and incredibly delicious. Crunchy chicken, and a sweet heat Asian honey sauce make this a family favorite. I know I have mentioned it before, but I am someone who loves a clean house, and my definition of clean is a far cry from that of my kids. In our house we call it “mom-clean.” Mom-clean is not just picking up. I want things scrubbed, organized, and not just hidden out of sight, but actually cleaned up. It is a tough life when you are the only one in your home that actually cares about clean, but I will console myself with this big old plate or bowl of Asian Honey Chicken. This is one of my favorite meals. It is sweet, it is yummy, and it is pretty easy to make. However, it is a fried chicken recipe, which means my counter tops are usually splattered with oil after I make it. Which is why today I thought I would share one of my favorite cleaning products with you guys. Kitchens get messy when you cook, and if you don’t use a good cleaning product, the residue from oil and old food can build up, and be seriously gross. Am I right? Which is why I love the Scrubbing Bubbles® line of products. For years I have used their bathroom options, like the Disinfectant Scrubbing Bubbles® Bathroom Cleaner for dealing with little boys who weren’t great aims, and all that other gross stuff that happens behind bathroom doors. Boys are disgusting. Like really. But I guess girls are not that much better. Heaven knows my counter tops have hair and makeup on them! Anyway, I love the Scrubbing Bubbles® products, The Scrubbing Bubbles® Toilet Cleaning Gel is awesome because the no touch disc keeps your toilet bowl cleaner for longer. Their bathroom stuff is primo! But recently I was shopping at Dollar General and noticed that Scrubbing Bubbles® has more than bathroom products. Can I just say how much I seriously love the kitchen options? I have horrible white counters that if I leave a strawberry sitting on too long take on a nice pink stain. So I really turn to the Oxy-Power® Scrubbing Bubbles® Grease & Stain Remover with Fantastik® to clean up the messes, like the splattered oil from this Honey Asian Chicken, and the stains on my counters. I love knowing that I can get “mom-clean” rooms, from bathroom to kitchen with Scrubbing Bubbles®, and even tough messes like oil splatter and sticky honey can’t stand up to it. That is really important to me because this chicken is seriously yummy, and I would be so sad if I didn’t make it because of the mess.
Honey Asian Chicken
- 1 lb chicken breast cut into bite sized pieces
- 1/2 cup half and half
- 1 egg
- 1 cup all purpose flour
- Salt and pepper
- 3/4 cup vegetable oil for frying chicken
- 1/2 cup roasted cashews
- 2 green onions chopped fine
- 3/4 cup honey
- 2 Tbs soy sauce
- 1 Tbs fresh ginger
- 1 Tbs apple cider vinegar
- 1/2 tsp red pepper flakes
- 1 tsp sesame oil
- 1 Tbs water
- 1 Tbs Corn starch
- Mix together half and half and egg in a shallow dish
- Salt and pepper chicken, then dip in egg mixture
- Put flour in a gallon sized bag, and add chicken dipped in egg mixture into the bag, give it a shake to coat the chicken thoroughly
- Heat oil in a skillet over medium-high heat.
- Add chicken in batches so each piece has room to cook, and fry 3-4 minutes per side until golden brown
- When done, remove chicken and place on a cooling rack with a paper towel under it to catch the excess oil. This will keep the chicken from getting soggy while you finish your sauce
- Meanwhile, prepare sauce by in a small bowl mixing together the water and cornstarch and set aside
- Then in a medium size sauce pan, add the honey, sesame oil, ginger, apple cider vinegar, soy sauce, and crushed red peppers, stir, and bring to a boil on medium-high heat.
- Once boiled, reduce heat to low, stir in cornstarch and water mixture, and let simmer until chicken is ready
- Remove sauce from heat, stir in cashews, the sauce should be thick and syrupy at this point, if it is not, cook a little longer.
- Toss chicken in sauce, garnish with green onions, and serve immediately, it is great over rice!
Our recipe card software calculates these nutrition facts based on averages for the above ingredients, different brands, and quality of produce/meats may have different nutritional information, always calculate your own based on the specific products you use in order to achieve accurate macros for this recipe.
- $0.50 off any Scrubbing Bubbles® Bath Product
- $1 off any Scrubbing Bubbles® Toilet Gel Product
- $0.50 off any Scrubbing Bubbles® All Purpose Cleaner
- 7/5 Scrubbing Bubbled Bathroom Cleaner (Fresh Scent & Lemon) $3 (usually $3.25)
- 7/5, 7/26 & 8/9 Scrubbing Bubbles® Bleach $3 (usually $3.25)
- 7/26 & 8/9 Scrubbing Bubbles® Mega Shower Foamer $3.50 (usually $4)
- 7/25 & 8/9 Scrubbing Bubbles® Toilet Gel $3.50 (Usually $4)
- 7/26 & 8/9 Scrubbing Bubbles® Drop Ins $2.50 (Usually $3)
Check out more ways to make cleaning easy at savewithbubbles.com. I’d love to hear your favorite!