An easy weeknight dinner option, this honey sesame chicken with broccoli is faster than ordering takeout! With a delicious sauce that coats every bite of the chicken, this will become a regular in your house!
HONEY SESAME CHICKEN WITH BROCCOLI
©Eazy Peazy Mealz by EazyPeazyMealz.com
Pin it to your EASY DINNER board to SAVE it for later!
Follow Eazy Peazy Mealz on Pinterest for more great tips, ideas and recipes!
Are you always looking for easy weeknight dinner recipes that are better than takeout? Then you and I are in the same boat. That’s when this honey sesame chicken with broccoli always delivers. With ingredients already in your pantry, this recipe is quick, easy and will always be a star on the dinner table! Crispy chicken coated in tons of sauce and tossed with broccoli – it’s got the protein and the veggies. And trust me, your kids will stop complaining after they try this out!
The whole thing literally takes 30 minutes from start to finish and goes so well with whatever you have on hand – cooked rice, barley, quinoa or even couscous. Because that gorgeous sauce coats everything and makes it better! I’ve used chicken breast which is cut into bite sized pieces so it cooks really fast. There is no need to pre-cook the sauce or the broccoli. Everything is cooked in the same pan so you don’t even have additional cleanup to do.
Once in awhile if I have a little more time on my hands and we are in the mood for something more elaborate, I love going the whole hog and serving this with some Chinese style Samosas which are filled with lo mein noodles and a Cucumber Prawn and Mango Salad – so refreshing! Together all three dishes make dinner always something to look forward to!
This is a much lighter version of the chinese favourite as the chicken is only pan fried. You can even try baking the chicken which tastes just as good, but without the crispy skin. In spite of being a skinnier version, you will never know the difference!
Don’t forget the sesame seeds on top because they are like icing on the cake. I love the crunch and that sesame flavor in this recipe. And if you are looking for another quick asian recipe, try these 5 Ingredient Honey Chili Garlic Prawns too!
- 2 Chicken Breasts cut into bite sized pieces
- 1 Eggs
- 3 tablespoons Cornstarch
- 2 cups Broccoli cut into florets
- 2 tablespoons Oil
- 1 teaspoon minced Garlic
- 1 teaspoon Ginger finely chopped
- 1 tablespoon Sriracha
- 1/4 cup Honey
- 1/4 cup Light Soy Sauce
- 2 tablespoon Rice Wine Vinegar
- 1 teaspoon Sesame Oil
- Sesame Seeds for topping
- Salt and Pepper to taste
- Whisk together egg, cornstarch, salt and pepper in a bowl. Add the chicken breasts and coat them well.
- Heat one and a half tablespoons oil in a non stick skillet and add the chicken pieces. Pan fry the chicken on high heat for 2-3 minutes on either side till the coating is crisp and the chicken is cooked through. Remove the chicken and set aside.
- Add the remaining half tablespoon oil to the same pan and add ginger and garlic. Saute for a minute and add the chicken. Cover and cook this for a minute.
- In another bowl, whisk together sriracha, honey, soy sauce, rice wine vinegar and sesame oil. Add this to the pan and stir well. Let the sauce simmer till it starts to thicken. Toss in the broccoli florets and coat well with the sauce.
- Cook for another minute and switch off the flame. Top with sesame seeds before serving.
Don’t forget to pin this to your Easy Dinner board later!