Thank you C&H® Honey Granules for sponsoring this post. Visit your local retailer to pick up your own package and start sprinkling sweetness today!
Honey Walnut Shrimp: Inspired by our favorite take-out, with an insanely delicious sauce! You won’t believe how easy this is to make.
Honey Walnut Shrimp
©Eazy Peazy Mealz by EazyPeazyMealz.com
Pin it to your Asian board to SAVE it for later!
Follow Eazy Peazy Mealz on Pinterest for more great tips, ideas and recipes!
There is this great Chinese restaurant by my parent’s house, and we make a habit of visiting and getting take-out whenever we are in the area and can. My favorite thing to order is the Honey Walnut Shrimp. It has that sweet, creamy, sauce, the crunchy Walnuts, and crispy fried shrimp.
It has been a while since we have been able to go, and I have been craving this shrimp. So I decided it was time to figure out how to make it for myself. There are many Honey Walnut Shrimp recipes that are based on the same general idea of using mayo, and sweetened condensed milk, and honey to make the sauce. I played around with these ingredients adding a few of my own ingredients, until I found the balance that most closely tasted like our favorite take-out!
Honey Walnut Shrimp
I can’t even tell you how excited I am about this recipe. Now we can skip the take out and make Honey Walnut Shrimp at home. This crispy fried shrimp and walnuts tossed in a creamy honey flavored sauce is easy to make and perfect served over rice. Plus it is SUPER easy to make! If I had realized just how easy I would have been making this for years.MY LATEST RECIPES
Top Chefs in the Making!
As a busy working mom to four, I try to spend time with my kids whenever I can. One of the ways I do this is my letting them cook with me. My kids loving helping me in the kitchen. They really wanted to help make this dinner. So I started by having them peel the shrimp. But that was not enough for them. They wanted to help cook! Unfortunately, we were making HONEY Walnut Shrimp. Honey is tricky because it usually means dealing with the sticky mess of and over-exuberant child. Lucky for me, C&H® Honey Granules offer the taste of honey without the sticky mess.
You guys, I am so excited about this product because it offers ease and convenience with a re-closeable flip-top canister lid, and the free-flowing mix of granulated pure cane sugar and honey means no mess, but all the flavor!
And this recipe could not be simpler. It is basically three steps. Make the sauce. Coat and fry the shrimp. Toss the shrimp in the sauce. It literally took me 15 minutes to make it. I had to get my rice cooker started 10 minutes before I started so the rice would be done when the shrimp was. Of course, you can add to it, I added a few chives on top for garnish, but you could skip that step. And it is great served with steamed broccoli!
I used my fryer set to 375 degrees to fry the shrimp, which allowed me to do half the shrimp at a time. You could heat a cup of canola or vegetable oil in a heavy skillet, I like this Anolon frying pan because it cooks evenly and is so easy to clean. Fry the shrimp on the stove top. Just be sure to do a test shrimp or two in order to get your temperature correct. Then toss in the beautiful sauce and serve!
Fun Add-ins For This Recipe
- We like to add in veggies each time we use rice, especially when the sauce is as good as it is in this recipe. Be sure to surround your plate of rice and shrimp with lightly steamed broccoli, and make sure to drizzle some sauce and the broccoli too! You’ll love it.
- Candied carrots also go perfectly with this meal. Simply cut your carrots in sticks or dice them the way you like them. Then lightly fry in butter, adding honey to the butter a minute before the carrots are just the way you like them. Give them a good stir to mix in the honey.
- Grate or finely chop any other raw veggies of choice into fine pieces that can be mixed in with the rice. For example, if you don’t want to take the time to make honey carrots, simply grate carrot and a little zucchini and mix it well with the rice.
- So should we get to the recipe?
Other Recipes You Will Like if You Like This One
- Sheet Pan Shrimp Fajitas
- Asparagus Shrimp Pasta Dinner
- Spicy Shrimp Salad with Lime Sesame Dressing
- Mango Shrimp in Lettuce Wraps
**C&H® Honey Granules is sold where I live, but if they don’t sell it in your area, look for Domino® Honey Granules on Amazon here, the sister brand of C&H®.
Don’t forget to pin for later:
I was selected for this opportunity as a member of Clever Girls and the content and opinions expressed here are all my own.