This shop has been compensated by Collective Bias, Inc. and its advertiser. All opinions are mine alone. #KreateMyHappy #CollectiveBias
Kellogg’s® Rice Krispies Treats® Candy Bar Bites offer a Rice Krispies Treats center, creamy caramel, fun extras, and a milk chocolate coating.
Kellogg’s Rice Krispies Candy Bar Bites
©Eazy Peazy Mealz by EazyPeazyMealz.com
Pin it to your snack board to SAVE it for later!
Follow Eazy Peazy Mealz on Pinterest for more great tips, ideas and recipes!
You guys, I keep trying to get my kids to eat good foods, but we all need an indulgence from time to time. And for me that is often. One of my favorite indulgences is Kellogg’s® Rice Krispies Treats®, you know, the blue wrapper treats. I have this basket in my office that is on top of a shelf, and I keep it well stocked with treats just for me, including Rice Krispies Treats. I have loved them since I was a kid, and still do. But these days I am enjoying them a bit differently! I am using them as the center of Kellogg’s® Rice Krispies Treats® Candy Bar Bites! And they are so good.
But guess what? They are easy to make too. Yup, you got it, easy peasy the way they should be. When I have about ten minutes to spare, I whip a batch of these up to hide in my basket. Because they use ready made Rice Krispies Treats, creamy caramel, M&M’s, chocolate, and even JET-PUFFED mini marshmallows, they are both quick and easy to make, and all those ingredients combine to make these perfect little pick-me-ups! Just the right amount for when the sweet tooth hits.
But I decided instead of having you take my word for it, I would show you. So I made this video to help you see just how amazing and simple this candy bar bite is.
When snack time rolls around and you need a little pick-me-up, or when you want an indulgent treat, but not too much, these candy bar bites are the way to go. And guess what? I entered this fun recipe into the Kellogg’s® Kreate My Happy contest, and I am one of the finalists. So I am asking for a huge favor from you guys, the world’s best readers (note the kissing up)! I would really love your vote! But… voting doesn’t just help me out, it also enters you into win a prize of your own. There are 20 prizes being given to votes including things like a $250 Bank-issued, pre-loaded Gift Card, Beats Pills™ Portable Stereo Speaker by Dr. Dre™, Kellogg’s® Rice Krispies Treats® squares, M&M’s, and more. You should definitely enter and vote for me, or I guess you could vote for your favorite, and I can hope it is mine!
Head HERE and vote! Contest voting runs 3/24-5/3/15
How to Vote in 2 Easy Steps
Step one: Go to Twitter, Pinterest, or Instagram, and post something like, “I love these Kellogg’s® Rice Krispies Treats® Candy Bar Bites from @ezpzmealz #RKTreatSweeps” Feel free to Pin an image from this post as your entry, or share it on Twitter or Instagram! Just be sure to use the name of my recipe “Kellogg’s® Rice Krispies Treats® Candy Bar Bites” and the hashtag #RKTreatSweeps
Step two: Copy the URL of your post and email it to [email protected], (To find the URL: On Twitter, click on the time stamp then highlight the URL; on Instagram click on the post you shared, and click the 3 dots at the bottom, then click “share” and “copy link”. On Pinterest click on the Pin, and highlight and copy the URL)
THANK YOU FOR YOUR VOTE
Okay, now that I have hit you all up for votes, let’s talk about how to make these. You can see if you watch the video above, but in case you would rather have photo instructions:
- Get a silicone mold out, such as an ice cube tray (I got mine at Walmart)
- In a microwave safe bowl, melt chocolate in a microwave in 30 second intervals until silky smooth.
- Pour some chocolate into your mold, add some caramel and other goodies.
- Cut your Rice Krispies Treats into 6 squares, and add one into each slot.
- Add more chocolate into the mold, flatten with a spatula,
- Top with more treats and some large crystal salt, and let harden! Then enjoy.
I was so impatient, I put them in the freezer so they would harden faster. It was a good idea. They were fantastic.
These candy bar bites are so easy to customize to your personal preference. I love M&M’s Peanut Butter, so I made a bunch with those to keep on hand. For my son, the marshmallows were a huge hit. Even just plain was delicious! I also used some large crystal salt to add a little bit of tangy to the sweet. Yummmy.
Don’t they look good? And VOTE worthy? Bahaha, okay, I will leave you alone and give you the recipe now.
Kellogg’s® Rice Krispies Treats® Candy Bar Bites
- 2 Kellogg’s® Rice Krispies Treats® cut into 6 equal square pieces
- 1 1 ?2 2 cups milk chocolate chips melted (If you put lots of filling in your bites you will need less chocolate, so amount depends on how much of the garnish options you use)
- 6 caramel squares or 6 caramels and 1/2 Tablespoon whipping cream
- M&M's plain
- M&M's Peanut Butter
- JETPUFFED Miniature Marshmallows
- Large crystal sea salt
- 2 microwave safe bowls
- Silicone ice cube tray or other mold
- In a microwave safe bowl, melt chocolate chips in 30 second intervals, stirring between each interval until fully melted (usually takes 1 min to 1 min 30 seconds depending on microwave)
- In a separate microwave safe bowl, unwrap 6 caramel squares, and pour 1-2 Tablespoons whipping cream over top, microwave in 30 second intervals, stirring between each or simply cut the squares in half horizontally, which will result in a less creamy caramel, but an easier time making the candy bar bites.
- Put 1 teaspoon of melted chocolate in the bottom of each slot of the silicone mold (ice cube tray), 9-12 slots
- Add in garnish of choice: chopped up M&M's plain or M&M's Peanut Butter, or marshmallows (to preference).
- Next add 1?2 teaspoon melted caramel, or cut a caramel square in half and put one in each slot of the ice cube tray mold
- Add in one piece of Kellogg’s® Rice Krispies Treats®, and cover with chocolate, tap the mold on the table top to even out the chocolate and insure it full immersed the Kellogg’s® Rice Krispies Treats® squares
- Garnish top with salt crystals, M&M's , etc. as desired
- Put in fridge for 12 hours to let set up
- Remove from silicone mold and enjoy!
Our recipe card software calculates these nutrition facts based on averages for the above ingredients, different brands, and quality of produce/meats may have different nutritional information, always calculate your own based on the specific products you use in order to achieve accurate macros for this recipe.
You can also use white chocolate or dark chocolate if you prefer! So many fun ways to mix things up. But the one thing you don’t want to mix up is the Kellogg’s® Rice Krispies Treats®!
I told you the M&M Peanut Butter was my favorite addition, what would you add to these Kellogg’s® Rice Krispies Treats® Candy Bar Bites?