This shop has been compensated by Collective Bias, Inc. and its advertiser. All opinions are mine alone. #SweetWarmUp #CollectiveBias
These Shortbread Fruit Tarts offer sweet flavor with less sugar than traditional shortbread, and a fun infusion of lemon, blueberry, and acai! Plus they are topped with amazing fresh fruit.
Hi, did you guys have a good weekend? We headed out of town for the weekend to enjoy some relaxation. We have had a crazy busy month with two of my four kids having a birthday, getting back into school after the break, as well as back to the grind stone with sports and music. On top of that our house flooded (again), my oven broke. Sometimes it seems like we have one bad news thing after another. Life is good, but I really needed to kick up my feet and take a break.
We headed to slightly warmer weather, and I was happy to sit back, sip a cup of Bigelow tea and munch on a sweet shortbread cookie tart!
One of the things that made these the perfect little indulgence is they have a lot less sugar than traditional shortbread cookies. Truth be told, while naturally thin, I’m getting older and it is getting harder to stay trim. I need a little less sugar in my life.
But I am not getting less sugar by cutting out the sweets. I can’t seem to help myself, I love biscotti with my cocoa, and shortbread with my tea. So I decided to try making shortbread without so much sugar, and instead use Truvia. But I wanted to take my shortbread even one step further, so I gave it a subtle, delightful flavoring with the tea itself!
And so I give you Lemon, Blueberry, Acai Shortbread Tarts made with Bigelow Tea and Truvía®!
Lemon, Blueberry, Acai Shortbread Cookie Fruit Tarts
- 1 cup unsalted butter room temperature
- 1/4 cup Truvía® natural sweetener
- 1 ?4 cup sugar
- 1 large egg
- 1 tsp lemon juice fresh is best
- 1/4 cup Bigelow Wild Blueberry with Acai Herbal Tea freshly brewed
- 1 Tbs lemon zest
- 1 3/4- 2 cups all-purpose flour
- 1 ?4 tsp salt
- 8 ounces cream cheese softened
- 1 1/2 Tbs Truvia
- Fresh fruit
- Preheat oven to 350° F.
- Place butter, Truvía® natural sweetener, sugar, egg and lemon juice and zest, and tea in a large mixing bowl with paddle attachment.
- Cream together ingredients for 11?2 minutes; set aside.
- Blend flour and salt together in a medium bowl.
- Fold dry ingredient mixture into the creamed mixture.
- Roll dough out on lightly floured surface to about 1 cm thickness, and cut into circles
- Bake in oven for 16-18 minutes or until edges of cookies are light golden brown.
- Place cookie sheet on cooling rack for 20-30 minutes before removing cookies.
- Whip together cream cheese and Truvía®, spread over the top of the cookie, and top with fresh cut fruit!
Our recipe card software calculates these nutrition facts based on averages for the above ingredients, different brands, and quality of produce/meats may have different nutritional information, always calculate your own based on the specific products you use in order to achieve accurate macros for this recipe.
But to make this match made in heaven even better, how about getting it for cheaper? Do what I did, head to Target and pick up the tea and Truvia. But before you go, get this downloadable couple for $0.55 off Bigelow Tea here. And use your Target Cartwheel digital coupon to save 10% on your purchase of Truvía®(Truvía® Natural Sweetener, Truvía® Baking Blend or Truvía® Brown Sugar Blend).
What? You aren’t signed up for Cartwheel! How is that possible? Well let’s correct that right this second. Just visit cartwheel.target.com or download the Cartwheel mobile app to join and start saving today!
Sounds pretty great, but guess what? If you are like me and are fairly new to alternatives to plain old white sugar, and want to try it before you buy it, you can! You can get a 2-pack sample of Truvía® Natural Sweetener by putting in a request at truvia.com/freesample.
Find more ideas for how to use Truvía® and Bigelow Tea on twitter:
And if you love shortbread be sure to check out this Chocolate Chip Shortbread Cookie
Or this one: Lemon Shortbread