Healthy yet absolutely mouthwatering Peanut Butter Banana Popsicles with chocolate and peanut pieces stuck to them. Are you drooling yet?
Peanut Butter Banana Popsicles
©Eazy Peazy Mealz by EazyPeazyMealz.com
Pin it to your desserts board to SAVE it for later!
Follow Eazy Peazy Mealz for more great tips, ideas and recipes!
If you are only a little tiny bit like me, you love dessert and anything sweet but you don’t love the consequences of eating them (hello love handles *wave* Ugh!). In order to satisfy my sweet tooth without terrible repercussions I’ve been inspired to create a healthy refined-sugar-free dessert recipe and that is how these Peanut Butter Banana Popsicles were born! *applause* Thank you, thank you!
The 10 popsicles are sweetened with only 1/4 cup maple syrup and the rest of the sweetness comes from the ripe bananas and a little dark chocolate drizzled on top of them. The base is milk and peanut butter and then at the end chopped up peanuts sprinkled on top of them, which makes it an awesome protein-rich snack not only for adults but also for kids! They will think you are giving them a treat when in reality you are filling their bellies with only healthy ingredients. I would say we have a win-win situation here: hero mom (uncle/grandpa/aunt/babysitter) – happy child/ren.
If you have trouble getting your popsicles out of their molds in one piece and/or you are looking for more inspiration for healthy popsicles go check out this Greek Yogurt Berry Popsicles recipe, I’ve listed all little tips and tricks on how to get the popsicles out of the molds in that post and I promise, it really, really works. If you don’t have any molds, don’t despair, you can still make healthy ice cream at home without any fancy equipment. Yes, that’s right! I have a great recipe over on Green Healthy Cooking called Chocolate Peanut Butter Ice Cream and it doesn’t require molds or ice cream makers or anything at all but a pan, a bowl and a whisk really.
For more popsicle recipes right here on Eazy Peazy Mealz go check out these gorgeous ideas, I’m sure you’ll love every single one of them 🙂
Peanut Butter Banana Popsicles
- 2 cups milk of choice
- 2 brown spotted bananas
- 1/2 cup unsweetened peanut butter
- 1/4 cup maple syrup
- 1/4 cup dark chocolate chips
- 1/4 cup peanuts
- Add milk, bananas, peanut butter and maple syrup into a blender and blend until smooth.
- Add creamy liquid into popsicle molds, insert sticks, and freeze for at least 4 hours, better over night.
- Line a baking sheet with parchment paper.
- Coarsely chop peanuts and set aside.
- Melt chocolate in a double boiler over very, very low heat making sure the chocolate doesn't get to hot and is constantly stirred. Once melted, remove from heat and keep stirring until the pot isn't hot anymore. Set aside.
- Take popsicles out of freezer and carefully remove popsicles from mold (for tips and tricks on how to check link in text).
- Lay popsicles flat on the baking sheet, drizzle chocolate on it by filling a teaspoon with chocolate, holding it over the popsicles and tapping the wrist of the hand with which you are holding the chocolate-filled spoon with two fingers. That way, the drizzle will be perfect.
- Quickly sprinkle peanuts on top and immediately return to freezer for another 15-20 minutes.
Our recipe card software calculates these nutrition facts based on averages for the above ingredients, different brands, and quality of produce/meats may have different nutritional information, always calculate your own based on the specific products you use in order to achieve accurate macros for this recipe.