After a hard workout I never want to eat much. But, I know it is important to get some protein within 30 minutes of exercise. This is a great option for doing that in a healthy way.
- 2-3 cups Almond milk Silk or make your own
- 3 cups frozen strawberries
- 2 small bananas
- 2 tangerines
- About 5 handfuls of spinach
- First put your 2 cups of almond milk, strawberries, and bananas in the blender and blend until smooth.
- Then add spinach until it reaches the top.
- Blend, adding a little more almond milk if needed for consistency and easy blending.
- Add in 2 tangerines, and fill blender to top with spinach again.
- Blend until smooth
Our recipe card software calculates these nutrition facts based on averages for the above ingredients, different brands, and quality of produce/meats may have different nutritional information, always calculate your own based on the specific products you use in order to achieve accurate macros for this recipe.
It is hard to say exactly how much spinach you need. I basically fill my blender to the top, then blend, then fill it again. It usually ends up being 5-6 big handfuls. I use the organic spinach from Sam’s Club. It always has a nice flavor.
This particular smoothie is sweeter and creamier than the Green Smoothie, because instead of an apple juice base, I use almond milk, and more banana. I put the tangerines in to balance out some of the sweet, though you can’t really distinguish their flavor at all. All in all, this is a great post-workout, or whenever you need an energy boost, smoothie! I hope you enjoy it!