I love a great big plate of veggies, so today’s recipe is just one of my go-to meals when I want healthy, green, and easy. It is easy to customize to your desires. I love adding fresh, creamy, avocado, some hot sauce (sriracha), and some flax seed for extra protein. But it is good plain, with eggs, with fresh salsa, etc. Really it is so versatile, I never make it the same way twice.
Quick Saute VeggiesPrint Pin Rate
- 2 carrots peeled and chopped
- 2 zucchini sliced into thin round discs
- 10 brussels sprouts ends cut off, and quartered
- 1/2 cup stock or water
- 1 tsp garlic salt
- half a fresh avocado
- 1 tbs Sriracha
- 1 tsp flax seeds
- Put water or chicken stock in pan, put vegetables in over top
- Cook on medium heat covered
- Stir occasionally and season with garlic salt
- Cook 7-10 minutes until vegetables are tender
- Top with avocado, sriracha (or other hot sauce), and flax seed and enjoy hot
Our recipe card software calculates these nutrition facts based on averages for the above ingredients, different brands, and quality of produce/meats may have different nutritional information, always calculate your own based on the specific products you use in order to achieve accurate macros for this recipe.
Another thing to note is the vegetables are interchangable. Add in whatever you have, take out what you don’t or what you don’t like. Sometimes I add onion, cauliflower, asparagus. The key is cooking with stock or water, lightly seasoning, only cooking until just tender, so that you get the crisp, rich flavor, and topping with fresh deliciousness!