First off, can you tell I love quinoa? I really do. I cook a few cups each week, and then I just add it to everything. I add it to salads, to stir fry, and today, to mushrooms!
Oh- EMMM- Geee! These were yummy. I made them vegetarian at first, which were good, but I did not use many spices, so they were just so slightly under-flavored. So, when I got home, I used the same stuffing, and then added some ground turkey to it, which added just a bit of extra flavor, kicking them over the top. But really, they are sensational as they are. Try them.
I really love mushrooms. I had these great stuffed mushrooms at a birthday party a few weeks back, and wanted to make my own every since. I love that you can put just about anything in them and they taste awesome. Bacon, sausage, chard, rice, pine nuts, veggies, peppers, and whatever else you have or want or love. Here’s what I used for these:
Quinoa Veggie Stuffed MushroomsPrint Pin Rate
- 1 c cooked quinoa
- 3 large sweet mini peppers diced
- 1/2 an onion diced
- 1 zucchini diced
- 1/2 cup tomatoes diced
- 1/2 cup fresh mozzarella cubed
- Salt and Pepper
- Wash and stem your mushrooms. You can remove the gills too, but I left them in because the stems were big enough.
- Saute peppers, zucchini and onions with some water and then when cooked, salt and pepper to taste.
- Add in cup of cooked quinoa.
- Add in diced tomatoes and mozzarella.
- Stir together on medium heat for about a minute.
- Stuff your mushrooms.
- Bake at 350 for 20 minutes.
Our recipe card software calculates these nutrition facts based on averages for the above ingredients, different brands, and quality of produce/meats may have different nutritional information, always calculate your own based on the specific products you use in order to achieve accurate macros for this recipe.
Cook your veggies.