Do you love Muddy Buddies? I do! I really do. I can’t stop eating these. In fact, I need to give them away ASAP because I am going to put on 10 pounds if you keep eating them. I made a double batch, and so far I haven’t really shared any of them. Eeek. I mean, they are Red Velvet, and so crunchy, sweet, and tasty!
One of the things I really love about this recipe is that it is one of the easiest recipes on the planet. It has 3 ingredients…you read that right..only 3 ingredients. You make it in the microwave. It literally takes only a couple of minutes to whip up, and disappears even faster.
Are you ready for the recipe?
Red Velvet Muddy Buddies
- 6 cups Chex Cereal I use Rice Chex Mix, but choose your favorite
- 6-8 ounces of Red Velvet Candy Wafers
- 1 cup powdered sugar
- Melt the Red Velvet Candy Wafers in the microwave in 30 second intervals.
- Put Chex cereal in a bowl, and pour the melted chocolate over the top and stir well.
- Put the powdered sugar into a gallon size Ziploc bag, and put the Candy Wafer coated Chex cereal into the bag. Seal it up, and shake.
- Once the Chex cereal is well coated you are all done. Enjoy!
- I also added some fun Valentine's Day sprinkles just to spruce it up a bit.
Our recipe card software calculates these nutrition facts based on averages for the above ingredients, different brands, and quality of produce/meats may have different nutritional information, always calculate your own based on the specific products you use in order to achieve accurate macros for this recipe.
The trick to this is to melt the Red Velvet Candy Wafersperfectly. Here is how you do it:
- Put the candy wafers in a microwave safe bowl.
- Microwave for 30 seconds.
- Microwave for 30 more seconds
- Evaluate how much more time they need, usually only about 20-30 more seconds.
- If you overcook, they will get gritty, do not add liquid, rather add a little shortening.