Omelets are one of my favorite breakfast foods. I kind of feel like if I eat an omelet, it is okay if I follow it up with a cinnamon roll or something equally unhealthy. Okay, not really, but if I have an omelet packed with vegetables, it is like eating a ton of nutrients and starting my day off right with tons of energy and good for me stuff. (Don’t you just love how technical my terms are???) This is one of my favorite omelets because it uses veggies I roast for all kinds of other meals. I usually cook up one big pan of roasted veggies each week. Then I use the veggies in wraps, salads, pastas, and so much more.
Roasted Veggie OmeletsPrint Pin Rate
- 1 tsp olive oil
- Chopped veggies of choice for roasting
- 8 eggs
- 1/4 c milk
- pinch of salt and pepper
- feta or cheese of choice
- Chop all of your veggies into 1 cm cubes or smaller
- Toss chopped veggies with 1 tsp olive oil
- Put in single layer on cookie sheet
- Bake 400 for 25 mins, remove, set aside
- Shred cheese. set aside
- Crack eggs into bowl, whisk with milk, season with salt and pepper, set aside.
- Put a scoop of veggies into omelet pan.
- Add egg, just enough to cover the veggies, but not too much, keep it a thin layer
- Cook pushing edges in slightly, until no longer liquidy
- Flip over
- Sprinkle on cheese
- Fold in half, let cook for 30 more seconds
- Serve warm
- Make each omelet individually to preference, makes 6
Put a small scoop in omelet pan.
Cover with whisked eggs, push sides toward middle to help cook evenly
Fold in half
Sorry I am lacking pics for these latter steps, but it goes pretty quickly.