These delicious, Simple Cinnamon Rolls have 8 ingredients or less and are an easy recipe to approach making cinnamon rolls if you’ve never made them before. They are aromatic and also have vegan ingredient options too!
Simple Cinnamon Rolls
©Eazy Peazy Mealz by EazyPeazyMealz.com
Pin it to your Breakfast board to SAVE it for later!
Follow Eazy Peazy Mealz on Pinterest for more great tips, ideas and recipes!
These Simple Cinnamon Rolls are the cure for when you are craving a fresh, homemade cinnamon roll. You can enjoy them all for yourself but it does make the perfect amount, about 10 rolls, to share if you have a small group of family or friends over. This is an easy recipe to approach cinnamon rolls and if you have never made your own, why not give these a try? Fresh and warm from the oven, the aroma and guaranteed deliciousness will not disappoint!
The possibilities are endless to customize this simple recipe, perhaps add some chocolate swirled in the middle, maybe your favorite chopped nuts – you name it!
Your house will smell so amazing as these bake in the oven.
Check out my recipe for Vanilla Coconut Icing to go on top of these Simple Cinnamon Rolls which makes for a delicious combination!
Who can resist a plate of Simple Cinnamon Rolls? Especially when they are topped with my recipe for Vanilla Coconut Icing! Whenever I bake these, they never last long, I hope you like them as much as my family does!
Simple Cinnamon Rolls
- 1 packet of live active yeast can be rapid rise
- 1 cup whole milk *can substitute equal amount of other kinds of milk half and half or do coconut or almond milk for a vegan option
- 1/2 cup coconut oil divided *can substitute equal amount unsalted butter
- 1/4 teaspoon kosher salt
- 3 cups all-purpose white flour preferably unbleached
- 1-1/2 teaspoons ground cinnamon
- 1/4 cup granulated white sugar plus 1 tablespoon, divided
- Optional: 1 recipe Vanilla Coconut Icing this recipe has instructions to make it a regular powdered sugar icing
- Heat milk and 3 tablespoons of coconut oil (or substitute butter) in a microwave safe container until 110°F. I use an infrared kitchen thermometer to measure the correct temperature. Transfer the mixture to a large mixing bowl.
- Sprinkle the yeast over the milk-coconut oil mixture and allow to set for 10 minutes to activate. After 10 minutes, add the 1 tablespoon of granulated white sugar and the kosher salt and then stir.
- Add 1/2 cup of flour and stir in after each addition. Expect to have a sticky dough. When it gets too thick to stir with a spoon, use your hand and in the bowl, knead to form a loose ball until all the flour is absorbed. In a clean large mixing bowl, greased with coconut oil (or butter), put the ball in and cover, allow to sit for 1 hour or as needed to rise (should be doubled in size).
- While the dough is rising, mix 1/4 cup sugar and 1-1/2 teaspoons ground cinnamon together and butter an 8x8 inch square or similar baking dish. You can also prepare the Vanilla Coconut Icing, if you wish to serve them topped with an icing.
- Prepare a lightly floured surface, when dough has doubled in size, roll out into a thin rectangle. Brush 3 tablespoons of coconut oil and sprinkle the cinnamon-sugar mixture evenly over the dough. Roll the dough tightly and cut into 10 even pieces (they should be 1.5-2 inch sections). Arrange in the 8x8 inch square baking dish, brush remaining coconut oil on top of the rolls and set on top of your stove. Preheat oven to 350°F. Allow the cinnamon rolls to sit there for at least 20 minutes to rise again before baking while the oven is preheating. Bake 25-30 minutes, until light golden brown. Optional: Serve warm topped with Vanilla Coconut Icing. Enjoy!
Our recipe card software calculates these nutrition facts based on averages for the above ingredients, different brands, and quality of produce/meats may have different nutritional information, always calculate your own based on the specific products you use in order to achieve accurate macros for this recipe.
Simple Cinnamon Rolls are inspired by World’s Easiest Cinnamon Rolls from Minimalist Baker
Pin to your Breakfast board: