S’mores Nachos! Need I say more? I mean really… S’mores. Nachos.
S’mores basically define summer for me. I love them. My kids love them. My husband…well, I think he likes eating them, but the whole building the fire, smelling like a campfire all night, and making sure no one gets burned, or poked, or whatever, kind of takes the fun out of it for him.
And so I offer a super simple alternative to the campfire made s’mores, which is made in the oven in a matter of minutes, and offers all those wonderful flavors you love in an eazy peazy way!
- 3 graham crackers broken into chunks
- 10 marshmallows large or a cup of mini-marshmallows
- 1/2 cup milk chocolate chips
- 1/4 cup chocolate fudge ice cream topping
- Preheat oven to 350
- Using a small cast iron griddle or baking pan layer first the graham crackers, then the marshmallows, then the chocolate chips
- Bake for 10 minutes at 350 then turn oven on to broil
- And broil for 2-3 minutes (watch closely), to brown and crisp up the marshmallows
- Heat chocolate fudge ice cream topping in microwave for 30 seconds
- Drizzle over the top of the s'mores nachos and enjoy!
Our recipe card software calculates these nutrition facts based on averages for the above ingredients, different brands, and quality of produce/meats may have different nutritional information, always calculate your own based on the specific products you use in order to achieve accurate macros for this recipe.
You can make it in cast iron like I did, or in any oven friendly dish. I just think it looks so cute in the cast iron.
It took about 10 minutes in my oven, then 2-3 broiling, but you will definitely want to keep an eye on it as things can go bad fast, just like with a traditional s’more, and you don’t want to have your smoke alarms going off!
I loved the simplicity of this recipe. I loved the way it tugged on my “summer” emotions. I loved that it was an alternative to S’mores! If you love them as much as we do, try these or one of our most popular S’mores recipes: