Tandoori Chicken Pizza on Turkish Bread: Chicken pieces bursting with flavour, melted cheese and creamy natural yoghurt – if you are a homemade pizza fan like me you will love my easy tandoori chicken pizza.
Tandoori Chicken Pizza on Turkish Bread
©Eazy Peazy Mealz by EazyPeazyMealz.com
Pin it to your Chicken board to SAVE it for later!
Follow Eazy Peazy Mealz on Pinterest for more great tips, ideas and recipes!
My tandoori chicken pizzas have a traditional tomato sauce base and mozzarella cheese. The Turkish bread is a good thickness to get a perfect combination of crunch and softness after the pizza has been baked in the oven. The tandoori chicken is easy to make with pre-cooked barbecue chicken pieces, tandoori paste and natural yoghurt. Fresh red pepper slices and red onion add some color and texture. After the tandoori chicken pizza comes out of the oven the real magic happens when you add cilantro, natural yoghurt and some crumbled papadum pieces. My husband laughed at me when I said I was going to put papadum pieces on this pizza the first time I made it but he later admitted he thought they were awesome and added a nice crunch.
I love using Turkish bread for this pizza but you can try it with any pizza base. I actually have a wood fired pizza oven in my backyard and when we go to the effort to fire it up (it takes 3 hours to heat up so it doesn’t happen too regularly!) we make pizza dough from scratch and cook lots of different pizzas, usually for a crowd of people. Tandoori chicken pizza is wonderful on fresh pizza dough and is always seems to be a hit with our guests, I think because it is just a bit different to your standard pizza toppings. To make it that extra bit fancy you may also like to add some mango chutney on top of the pizza after it has finished cooking.
Tandoori chicken pizza makes great leftovers the next day – you can put two pieces together to make a tandoori chicken sandwich! Or why not use leftover tandoori chicken pieces, red pepper and red onion to make a tasty salad – just add tomatoes and fresh salad leaves.
TANDOORI CHICKEN TURKISH BREAD PIZZA
- 1 large piece store bought Turkish bread pide, sliced in half lengthways
- 1/2 cup tomato paste or pizza sauce
- 1 cup grated mozzarella cheese
- 1 dessert spoon tandoori paste
- 1 dessert spoon natural yoghurt
- 2 barbecue chicken breasts cut into small cubes.
- 1 red pepper finely sliced
- ½ red onion finely sliced
- I cooked papadum crushed
- 1/3 cup cilantro chopped
- Natural yogurt extra to serve
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees fahrenheit/180 degrees celcius
- Mix natural yoghurt and tandoori paste together in a bowl. Place chicken pieces in bowl and mix to combine.
- Spread Turkish bread with tomato paste or sauce and top with mozzarella cheese.
- Top with chicken, red peppers and red onion and place directly onto oven rack. Bake 15 – 20 minutes or until cheese is melted and bread is golden on edges.
- Top with papadum pieces, cilantro and dollops of natural yoghurt to serve.
Our recipe card software calculates these nutrition facts based on averages for the above ingredients, different brands, and quality of produce/meats may have different nutritional information, always calculate your own based on the specific products you use in order to achieve accurate macros for this recipe.
PIN to your PIZZA board:
Are you looking for quick and tasty weeknight meal ideas?
Why not check out my Crispy Baked Mexican Chicken Tenders
or you may like the sound of my Easy Asian Salmon with Stir-fry Vegetables
and something for the meat eaters: Beef Chili Taco Bowls