Albacore Tuna Salad Stuffed Avocados make a light, healthy, easy lunch that is packed with flavor. This Tex Mex inspired creation has tantalizing flavors, and is an easy to make (easier to eat), meal or snack option!
This post is sponsored by Genova and Walmart, all opinions are my own.
Tex Mex Tuna Salad Stuffed Avocados
©Eazy Peazy Mealz by EazyPeazyMealz.com
Pin it to your Lunch Ideas board to SAVE it for later!
Follow Eazy Peazy Mealz on Pinterest for more great tips, ideas and recipes!
I was recently talking to a group of moms, and realized we all need an arsenal of easy to make, easy to clean up recipes that actually taste good. It is these recipes that keep us from gorging on take out during the day, and then regretting it and kicking ourselves later. Light and healthier meals are sometimes hard to come by, which is why I knew I needed to come up with some.
This Tex Mex Tuna Salad stuffed Avocado is going to be the first addition to that arsenal of light healthy meals that taste good and don’t require much clean up. Tuna Stuffed Avocados are pretty simple to make, and use foods I typically have on hand: canned tuna, avocados, tomatoes, canned corn, some onion, etc.
When I decided to try out this recipe, I started with the basics, then I added in some extra ingredients for added flavor, and before I knew it there was a delicious lunch ready to go, and I only dirtied a cutting board, knife, and mixing bowl to get there.
There is just something about a simple recipe, full of ingredients I usually have on hand that I just can’t get enough of. And who would have guessed it would have tuna??? I did not grow up in a family that ate a lot of tuna, so it wasn’t until I met my husband that I really ate tuna on a regular basis. And it wasn’t for a few years after that that I realized the significant difference in quality available when it comes to cans of tuna.
But when I did finally figure it out, it was life changing. I really like Genova tuna, and used the Albacore Tuna in Olive Oil for this recipe. I love this brand because it is flavorful, and doesn’t stink when you open it. Plus you get bigger chunks of the fish, and can tell it is actually real. You can find Genova Albacore Tuna in Olive Oil at your local Walmart store. And Genova also has Yellowfin Tuna!
Go pick some up and try it. You can even use this COUPON to get a discount on Genova at Walmart.
If you want light lunch ideas, or easy lunch recipes, this tuna salad stuffed inside an avocado is the way to go. It has Tex Mex inspired flavors, and is simple and tasty.
Tex Mex Tuna Salad Stuffed Avocados
- 2 Hass avocados
- 1 5 ounce can Genova Albacore Tuna in Olive Oil slightly drained
- 1 ½ tsp Cilantro rough chopped small
- 8 grape tomatoes cut into small pieces
- 1 Tbs Red onion minced small
- 3 Tbs sweet whole kernel corn
- 1 tsp minced jalapeno
- 1 tsp fresh lime juice
- 1 tsp sriracha more or less according to preference
- ¼ tsp minced garlic
- ¼ tsp cilantro paste optional
- 1/8 tsp salt
- 1/8 tsp fresh ground pepper
- Open the can of Genova Albacore Tuna, and holding lid over the can slightly off center, drain off a little bit of the olive oil off into the sink. It does not need to be drained completely, just enough so it is not runny.
- Finely dice your jalapeno, tomatoes, red onions, and cilantro.
- Put tuna in a mixing bowl, and in the finely diced jalapenos, tomatoes, red onions, and cilantro. Add sweet corn.
- Add lime juice, minced garlic, cilantro paste, sriracha, and salt and pepper.
- Use a fork to stir it all together, breaking up any larger chunks of the Albacore Tuna.
- Taste, and adjust seasoning according to preference.
- Cut open the avocados, and remove the pit.
- Use a large spoon, and scoop some of the avocado out to enlarge the hole.
- Fill center with tuna salad mixture.
- Top with additional fresh jalapeno, or cilantro, or even ranch dressing!
Our recipe card software calculates these nutrition facts based on averages for the above ingredients, different brands, and quality of produce/meats may have different nutritional information, always calculate your own based on the specific products you use in order to achieve accurate macros for this recipe.