Last year about this time I was planning a little trip to Hawaii to see a friend. I don’t know about you guys, but planning a vacation is half the fun for me. Okay…maybe a fourth of the fun.
Anyway, this summer, we won’t be visiting Hawaii, which means that in order to capture as much of that feeling as possible, I had to make something fresh and tasty and fish related.
This particular salad not only fits the bill, but gets the win!
Toasted Sesame Ahi SaladPrint Pin Rate
- 2 pieces Ahi Tuna
- 1/3 cup toasted sesame seeds
- 1 Tbs olive oil
- 2 cups baby spinach
- 1 mango diced
- 1 roma tomato diced
- 1/4 cup red onion diced
- 1/4 cup cilantro chopped
- 1 key lime juiced
- 1 tsp jalapeno optional
- Take your tuna, and pat it dry
- Dump your toasted sesame seeds onto a plate, and press the tuna piece into it to coat the exterior, flip over and do it to the other side
- Heat olive oil in a saute pan, and when hot, sear ahi on both sides in pan (2-3 minutes per side) middle should be pink still
- Mix salsa ingredients together, squeezing lime juice over the top.
- Serve ahi over a bed of spinach, topped with mango salsa
I picked up my ahi at Sam’s Club, in the freezer section. Fresh would have been nice, but being land-locked means fewer options!