Zoodle Shrimp Scampi is healthy, delicious, and so easy to make. This is our favorite quick dinner made with zucchini noodles, and topped with a shrimp scampi!
Zucchini Noodle Shrimp Scampi
©Eazy Peazy Mealz by EazyPeazyMealz.com
Pin it to your Dinner board to SAVE it for later!
Follow Eazy Peazy Mealz on Pinterest for more great tips, ideas and recipes!
If you haven’t noticed already, I love seafood. And all of my kids do too. Well, all of them except my picky eater, but he doesn’t like anything, so he doesn’t count. And I also really love zucchini! So combine the two, and I am in heaven! Healthy, zucchini shrimp scampi heaven!
Can you blame me? Is there any more perfect bite than this one? I profess not!
For this recipe I used my Tri-Blade Spiral Vegetable Slicer to make the perfect little zucchini noodles. (That is an affiliate link, but you guys I LOVE my spiralizer, and highly recommend it!)
Summer is coming, and that means tons of zucchini from my garden. Which means that this easy to make 20-minute meal will be entering our regular rotation, and I am pretty excited about it.
This is a classic shrimp scampi recipe but better because it has basil! And noodles made of zucchini.
I hate parsley. I use it from time to time. But I pretty much actually just hate it. I know it adds good flavor to foods. But when I get a bite with the parsley by itself…gag! So I cut back the amount and then added in something I really REALLY love–basil! The flavor it brings is amazing, and makes this scampi mouthwateringly delicious.
I also found this amazing seafood stock that was the perfect base for this recipe. But feel free to use chicken or vegetable stock if you can’t find seafood.
I will quit waxing on and on about the delights of this dish, but trust me, it is a good one. In fact, when I filmed it for your viewing pleasure, my camera man told me it was his favorite thing he has ever eaten that I made. Since he tries everything I make for video, I took that as a big compliment.
Zucchini Noodle Shrimp Scampi
- 2 tablespoons butter
- 1 pound shrimp medium, peeled and deveined
- 3 Tablespoon garlic minced
- 1/2 teaspoon red pepper flakes or more, to taste
- 1/4 cup seafood stock or chicken or vegetable stock
- 1 lemon juiced
- 1 lemon zested
- Salt and pepper to taste
- 1 1/2 pounds zucchini 4 medium-sized, spiralized
- 2 Tablespoons Parmesan grated
- 2 Tablespoons fresh basil chopped
- 1 Tablespoon fresh parsley chopped
- Melt butter in a large skillet over medium high heat. Add shrimp, garlic and red pepper flakes. Cook, stirring occasionally, until pink, about 2-3 minutes.
- Remove shrimp from pan.
- Stir in stock and lemon juice and zest; season with salt and pepper, to taste. Bring to a simmer; stir in zucchini noodles and cook for 1-2 minutes until tender.
- Add shrimp back in, and remove from heat.
- Top with parmesan and basil and parsley.
Our recipe card software calculates these nutrition facts based on averages for the above ingredients, different brands, and quality of produce/meats may have different nutritional information, always calculate your own based on the specific products you use in order to achieve accurate macros for this recipe.
Pin to your Healthy Eating board: